Model Cars Magazine Forum

'61 Ranchero (Old 60's Custom Rescue)

Greg Pugh

• 7 months later...

So after I painted the car in February, as previously mentioned, some ghosting came through of previous bodywork, etc. I also noticed a few things I wasn't crazy about when it came to bodywork so I addressed all of those. Add to that how busy my summers are and well...now you know why I haven't updated this since February. Lol

Anyways, I finally laid down some color yesterday that I'm happy with! Now onto foil and clear!

That's quite the spectacular save. Very cool. It's funny how we sometimes get involved with things like this, and put effort into them that's all out of proportion to the "value" of the piece we're starting with (I do it too :D).

It's good to see work like this, especially when a lot of folks complain about the high price of new kits. For a challenge and the opportunity to feel a remarkable sense of accomplishment when you're done, restoring horrible old messes can't be beat. B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

10 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

That's quite the spectacular save. Very cool. It's funny how we sometimes get involved with things like this, and put effort into them that's all out of proportion to the "value" of the piece we're starting with (I do it too :D).

It's good to see work like this, especially when a lot of folks complain about the high price of new kits. For a challenge and the opportunity to feel a remarkable sense of accomplishment when you're done, restoring horrible old messes can't be beat. B)

Couldn't agree more. Am looking forward to seeing this one finished. B)