• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

A Drill for General Model Work Recommendation

2 posts in this topic

Posted

I bought a chuck that would fit into an electric screwdriver some time back hoping that would provide a better method drilling. It worked OK but didn't run fast enough. I had been to Harbor Freight recently and bought a 18 volt drill. 

https://www.harborfreight.com/18-Volt-38-in-Cordless-DrillDriver-With-Keyless-Chuck-21-Clutch-Settings-69651.html

What I really like about this drill is the nice progressive feel of the drill. A little pressure and it rotated slowly. A little more pressure and it speeds up without a huge jump in RPMs. Very controllable. No affiliation or financial interest. I bought the drill/light combo but the drill alone is on sale with a Harbor Freight coupon for $16.99. The light works pretty good too.

Posted

Tom, I bought a woodcarvers drill from Harbour Freight a few years ago.   I love it because it has the powerhead and a flexible shaft with foot pedal to control the speed.