• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ok, chassis question for the rig builders...

5 posts in this topic

Posted

When you all build a frame from scratch, what do you use to build the frame?? Are you using different sizes of Evergreen Plastic, I-Beam with on side ripped off or what??? Also if you could include sizes of plastic your using so I have a better idea... Thanks in advance for the info!!!!!

Posted

GW Trucks makes 16" blank rails that make a good place to start. That is what I used on my H Model Mack.

Posted

GW Trucks makes 16" blank rails that make a good place to start. That is what I used on my H Model Mack.

Ok kool, didn't know someone was doing that.....  thanks Brian!!!!!

does he have a website?? Trying to look but not coming up with one......

Posted

Ok kool, didn't know someone was doing that.....  thanks Brian!!!!!

does he have a website?? Trying to look but not coming up with one......

Gary's old school like myself. He doesn't have a website, you have to email him at gwtrucks@yahoo.com. Quality and service are both great. I'm still saving for my next order.:D  If Gary is out of them Sourkraut's shows them to be in stock. You'll probably want to measure your old frame rails. Gary lists three sizes, but none specifically say Peterbilt if that is what you're hunting.

Posted

Gary's old school like myself. He doesn't have a website, you have to email him at gwtrucks@yahoo.com. Quality and service are both great. I'm still saving for my next order.:D  If Gary is out of them Sourkraut's shows them to be in stock. You'll probably want to measure your old frame rails. Gary lists three sizes, but none specifically say Peterbilt if that is what you're hunting.

thanks for the info, not hunting for this Pete, just possibilities for future rigs!!!! Thanks Brian and there ain't nothing wrong with being old skool, old skool is kool!!!!!!