Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aurora Dune Buggy

PatW

A very nice 1/32nd scale kit....................

SAM_3543_zpswpdpvilx.jpg

Realising that it was a reasonably old kit, I scanned the decals to my PC and sized them on a Word page. Although I gave the decals a couple of coats of gloss clear they still collapsed when trying to lay them onto the body.  So I printed the Word image onto a new clear decal sheet, then after drying gave them two coats of gloss clear and used those in the build.

58_zpsslfkqnk9.jpg

61_zpsuhbyyhql.jpg

69_zpsueajal1z.jpg

Cheers Ben, I'm always looking for unusual bech/dune buggies!

Just noticed your comment on unusual dune buggies. I was at the local Model Shop and they had a rerelease from Round 2 of the VW type I that had a shortened wheel base and the body area behind the door shortened as well. The kit offers several building options which included a shortened body pan with just roll bars and the option of sand tires and also slicks. It was originally kited by AMT.  If you haven't seen this yet you might look on Round 2's web site to look at it.

Just noticed your comment on unusual dune buggies. I was at the local Model Shop and they had a rerelease from Round 2 of the VW type I that had a shortened wheel base and the body area behind the door shortened as well. The kit offers several building options which included a shortened body pan with just roll bars and the option of sand tires and also slicks. It was originally kited by AMT.  If you haven't seen this yet you might look on Round 2's web site to look at it.

Thanks for the kit info espo I'll have a look at Round 2.

It's a cool old blast from the past!  I have one of those unbuilt in my dune buggy collection.

Great foresight and execution on the decals!  

Thanks Tom, yes I'm a bit carefull after it happened once, and have scanned all decals when I buy an older kit, just in case.

Another score!!!! EXTREMELY cool subject/kit!!, AND built VERY well!!!!   -For a 1/32 scale, it fits right in with that same diorama that you like to use with some of your 1/25 / 1/24 builds. Funny that.        LOVE IT!!

Thanks Dann, yes the dio is pretty handy being able to take various sizes. I've ordered an early Heller Citroen 2CV kit, with the corrugated bonnet in 1/43rd! We'll see if that's too small for the French Backstreet Garage!