Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Dragonfire Trike Modification

I have a few of these with a bunch of extra parts, and thought why not put my spin on a classic?  The head is from a toy bin, just modified it a bit with a Dremel.  The rest of the mods are Miliput by hand.  Progress continues...

IMG_2899.JPG

IMG_2949.JPG

IMG_2950.JPG

IMG_2951.JPG

IMG_3546.JPG

IMG_3547.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

IMG_3550.JPG

Man-o-man, when I was a kid, just getting "good" at building models, I would drool over pics of this in the Revell flyers that were stuck in some kit boxes. I thought this was the absolute definition of cool, but alas, it was one of those that remained out of reach. I never saw one in person, and the one time mom came across the kit in a department store, she reported back with the devastating news that sickens every eleven year old kid," ...too expensive." So, I stuck to cars, Aurora dinosaurs, movie monsters, and the occasional airplane. I am loving seeing this come together, and am digging the modernizing/upgrading you are doing. Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

You say you have a bunch of parts of these...would you happen to have enough to cobble together another complete-or-nearly-complete trike? If so, would you be interested in trading on those parts? Or Selling? PM me if so. Thanks!

And glad to hear you're back in the game!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...