Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Satellite - minor update

br67

Been building and tweaking the exhaust lately. Do any of the Mopar experts know if there should be a cross over/H pipe on the exhaust system pls?

I am not an expert. Classic Industries shows reproduction original exhaust systems with an H pipe for the big block and HEMI cars but no photo for the small block cars, likewise Year One. I am likely mistaken but I think a 318 may have had a single exhaust. I did find this although it may not represent OEM.   http://www.manciniracing.com/19b31coexsyf.html

• 1 month later...

As this going to be a base model it's going to have a single exhaust system - so time to blank off the rear valance cut outs. While I was at it I added a styrene strip on the rear to help locate valance during final installation

IMG_4980.JPG

IMG_4981.JPG

My first attempt at making an exhaust system would have been incorrect for this base Satellite. So here goes my second attempt. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to make the collector for the front y pipe.

IMG_4982.JPG

IMG_4983.JPG

IMG_4984.JPG