Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratchbuilt 1941 Hollywood Graham-New Pics

E St. Kruiser50

Here are some assembly photo's of the car after everything was finished and ready to go together. The body was finished inside and out. There are no seam lines or visible body work anywhere. The car was constructed as if it were a kit. The body was built as one piece and then the doors and trunk were cut out and then the jams were built and then hinges added. The hood, front fenders and floor pan were constructed separately. Each piece was constructed as a kit individually.

2008_0416Photobucket1.jpg

1700 pieces in the two chassis

2008_0603Photobucket1-1.jpg

2007_0225roadstershow.jpg

2008_0330Photobucket1.jpg

2008_0328Photobucket1.jpg

Edited by Treehugger Dave

:o Wow Dave you built it from peices?Like a real car?Did you start with an available kit and modify it or did you actually form the roof and quarter panels and fenders,like stampings?I'mean this rascal just freaks me out, I'm tryin to see just how you were able to do this by lookin at the pictures closer, but they can't get close enough! this build is just incredible to me.Thanks for posting it! :D:D:D

:D Wow Dave you built it from peices?Like a real car?Did you start with an available kit and modify it or did you actually form the roof and quarter panels and fenders,like stampings?I'mean this rascal just freaks me out, I'm tryin to see just how you were able to do this by lookin at the pictures closer, but they can't get close enough! this build is just incredible to me.Thanks for posting it! :o:lol::D

Yeah george, lotsa pieces :lol: . The main body structure has 133 pieces to form the body and rear fenders. There were 45 kits I used for various parts I needed, to cut up and form the body and fenders. I cut up whatever I needed to form a fender, glued the pieces together, added body filler and carved it into a shape. Same for the body. No beginning kit. Just 133 pieces cut up glued together - add body filler and file and sand to shape - WALLA - a 1941 Hollywood.

Add trim pices to the body and hinges and your up to 200 pieces. Add interior and that's another 140 pieces of leather, wood, metal, and plastic.

At this point george I have to give some major credit where credit is due :) . I hope no one here reading this is offended, but I don't take much credit for what you see here.

I've been a believer a lot of years and was never able to build anything like this before, and certainly never planned this to become what you see here. I became aware at some point that this was going to go way beyond what I could do, and without God's help it would never happen. But what I learned from this huge impossible project, was that anything is possible with GOD!!! :o

2008_0401Photobucket10031-1.jpg

2008_0414Photobucket1.jpg

Yeah george, lotsa pieces :D . The main body structure has 133 pieces to form the body and rear fenders. There were 45 kits I used for various parts I needed, to cut up and form the body and fenders. I cut up whatever I needed to form a fender, glued the pieces together, added body filler and carved it into a shape. Same for the body. No beginning kit. Just 133 pieces cut up glued together - add body filler and file and sand to shape - WALLA - a 1941 Hollywood.

Add trim pices to the body and hinges and your up to 200 pieces. Add interior and that's another 140 pieces of leather, wood, metal, and plastic.

At this point george I have to give some major credit where credit is due :) . I hope no one here reading this is offended, but I don't take much credit for what you see here.

I've been a believer a lot of years and was never able to build anything like this before, and certainly never planned this to become what you see here. I became aware at some point that this was going to go way beyond what I could do, and without God's help it would never happen. But what I learned from this huge impossible project, was that anything is possible with GOD!!! :lol:

Amen to that Bro. Just Awesome what can be done when we co-operate with Him. Purty cool how He trained you up with them 40 years of patternmaking too! :o

:) Well Dave,######'n,I can see we're all on the same wavelength here.It's a good feelin to know He fits into our hobbies as well as our lives.Not real big on organized religion myself, But I learned the TRUTH along time ago and was never the same.It's nice to know how He stays with us at ALL times and now I can see how He helps when we play.I LIKE the way you think Dave,AND the way you build ain't too bad either.I feel We're gonna get along jus fine!Wait till you meet Gramps(Bill)xrds! :D

:) Well Dave,######'n,I can see we're all on the same wavelength here.It's a good feelin to know He fits into our hobbies as well as our lives.Not real big on organized religion myself, But I learned the TRUTH along time ago and was never the same.It's nice to know how He stays with us at ALL times and now I can see how He helps when we play.I LIKE the way you think Dave,AND the way you build ain't too bad either.I feel We're gonna get along jus fine!Wait till you meet Gramps(Bill)xrds! :lol:

I know what you mean about "Oranized Religion" I feel the same way. I go to church every Sunday and do volunteer mentoring at a local men's homeless shelter, but for me it's about the relationship with Him that fills my heart and my soul and helps me feel complete in a lot of area's of my life including my model building. He gave me a purpose that's meaningful and full of joy.

QUOTE(george 53 @ Jun 7 2008, 07:18 PM) post_snapback.gif :lol: Well Dave,######'n,I can see we're all on the same wavelength here.It's a good feelin to know He fits into our hobbies as well as our lives.Not real big on organized religion myself, But I learned the TRUTH along time ago and was never the same.It's nice to know how He stays with us at ALL times and now I can see how He helps when we play.I LIKE the way you think Dave,AND the way you build ain't too bad either.I feel We're gonna get along jus fine!Wait till you meet Gramps(Bill)xrds! :lol:

I know what you mean about "Oranized Religion" I feel the same way. I go to church every Sunday and do volunteer mentoring at a local men's homeless shelter, but for me it's about the relationship with Him that fills my heart and my soul and helps me feel complete in a lot of area's of my life including my model building. He gave me a purpose that's meaningful and full of joy.

Yep Dave, joy and laughter!

like how He hooked ya up with George & me!! :rolleyes::lol:

QUOTE(george 53 @ Jun 7 2008, 07:18 PM) post_snapback.gif :lol: Well Dave,######'n,I can see we're all on the same wavelength here.It's a good feelin to know He fits into our hobbies as well as our lives.Not real big on organized religion myself, But I learned the TRUTH along time ago and was never the same.It's nice to know how He stays with us at ALL times and now I can see how He helps when we play.I LIKE the way you think Dave,AND the way you build ain't too bad either.I feel We're gonna get along jus fine!Wait till you meet Gramps(Bill)xrds! :lol:

Yep Dave, joy and laughter!

like how He hooked ya up with George & me!! :rolleyes::lol:

You got that right. :o

I look forward to gettin' to know you guy's and everyone else here.

Have a good Sunday - Dave

2008_0329Photobucket10022.jpg