Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone Remember "mini Lindy's"?????

ranma

Lindberg made what they first called Mini Lindy cars and trucks. Later to be name other names such as High Rollers plus highway hauler's ( GMC cabover's or Ford Cab over's that came with Truck, Trailer and the truck driver. Some kit's had a garage that came with the car or truck. They had a tow truck, cement mixer,dump truck, box truck, mail truck, school bus, Pickups with campers (ford and Chevy) plus many other cars. they were called H.O. Scale by Lindberg....

Well Yesterday I bought 5 Chevrolet dump trucks, a ford box truck, 4 school buses, 6 Cement mixers, and 2 u.s. mail truck's which were among other H.O. scale Cars, Semi truck's and trailer's in a box for $10.00 each flat box I bought ( Bought 4 flat box worth yesterday! Seeing how mush just one H.O. scale car or truck can run at a hobby center or even online.

I had several of them back in the day, some of which I tried to turn into HO slotcars. I seem to remember a '68 Corvette, and maybe some kind of van? I think a Ford pickup truck too? Anyone have a list of them all?

I had several of them back in the day, some of which I tried to turn into HO slotcars. I seem to remember a '68 Corvette, and maybe some kind of van? I think a Ford pickup truck too? Anyone have a list of them all?

There was a Chevy van, I believe.  I have the Lincoln Mk III, a '71-72 Chevy pickup w/ camper, a '68 Mustang, and the '68 Corvette.  I believe there was also a '71 Riviera and '71 Grand Prix, among others.

I have Several And remember more

The Pickup has been Both a Ford, And a Chevy

Same body with a Different Grill

I have Both versions!!!!

I have the Boat-tail Riv,and the 65 era Chevy van

One I saw listed was "Station Wagon--Vista Cruise"

And Yes, I do hope they bring these back out!!!

Have a couple of that Jeepster too

Also forgot to add

Lindberg DID offer a few Newer pieces

I know a ZR-1 Vette was done

The Mini-Exotics from Monogram are Too small to be Mini-Lindy's

Hel-Jan/Con Cor now owns (or did own) the Mini-Exacts!!

The Monogram pieces were Exact 1/87 scale (or VERY close)

While Mini-Lindy's are closer to 1/64

Think Plastic Kit Hot Wheels/Matchbox for Mini-Lindy

I would Love to find the Eldorado & Continental Mark!!!

While Mini-Lindy's are closer to 1/64

I would Love to find the Eldorado & Continental Mark!!!

The mini-Lindys were "box scale"--whatever size would fit in the little box is what scale they are. I just remembered, I think I have an MG-TD from them and it's about the same size as the Ford truck!

Someone else had some little model cars at that time, too. Eldon? They were done in metallic chrome. I know they had a '68 Dart because I put one on an Aurora HO chassis and painted it like Landy's. I think I might still have a '68 Camaro in a metallic chrome blue to this day--somewhere.

I still remember a "Super Mini Lindy Ford GT" prototype (first version) I had around 1970. It was 1/32 scale and molded in red plastic, IIRC.

I think it was a kind of  snap kit but I'm not sure about that. On the internet I found a picture of the very nice box that shows a white and blue car with # 20 and it reads "Build'n collect Series S102"

I still remember a "Super Mini Lindy Ford GT" prototype (first version) I had around 1970. It was 1/32 scale and molded in red plastic, IIRC.

I think it was a kind of  snap kit but I'm not sure about that. On the internet I found a picture of the very nice box that shows a white and blue car with # 20 and it reads "Build'n collect Series S102"

I had one of those! It was molded in a mustard yellow and I think I put some red metalflake on it. Come to think of it, I might still have the thing.

The mini-Lindys were "box scale"--whatever size would fit in the little box is what scale they are. I just remembered, I think I have an MG-TD from them and it's about the same size as the Ford truck!

That strange Matchbox-esque scale world where a Mini Cooper and a Greyhound bus are the same size!   

I currently have the Continental and Caddy I posted earlier.  Back in the day I had a bunch of them, I tried to get the ones that were more in scale and didn't duplicate Matchbox or Hot Wheel cars.  I remember especially liking the mail truck since I was a stamp collector.

I remember the "Super" Mini-Lindy's too

Box was larger, but Very Similar to the Small scale

And Yes Box-Scale Is Correct

Same as Matchbox at the time!!

Though they did grow from the 50's era to the 60's and 70's Pre-Superfast era

Compare an almost 1/87 60 Bonneville Convertible to the 64 Grand Prix!!

or 61 Ford Fairlane Police/Fire to the 65 Custom Police/Fire

I have Too many of them to miss the scale differences

I do not know about a Dodge Dart, But Aurora Themselves

(ie Thunderjet Slot Cars fame) had 2 Toy/Collectible versions

of they Slotcar Bodies with Diecast Chassis & interior

"Cigarbox" deluxe version with the Smame wheels/tires as their  Thunderjet

And Cheaper Wizz Wheel/Superfast type Speedline

I bought a Few  Case sets of Speedline at Hecht Co. MANY years ago

Some of those has colors bodies like the Thunderjet, Some the colored Chrome-plated

bodies

I too have a Camaro I believe in Gold Chrome

Also 2 each 67+T-Birds & 66-67 Toronados!!

There are 1 or 2 purple Chrome in my sets, and a Pink Chrome

No Blue, green or Silver (straight out Chrome)

I would Love to find those in my attic or bedroom now!!!!!

Here's a Jaguar XK-E I found at a flea market for about .50cents although it is most likely a later issue of re-issue it's marked Lindberg Line NO-4 on the bottom and has the interior molded in a slightly different off-white color and really nice chrome bumpers and even exhaust tips as separate piece (that's why I think re-issue don't believe an original could have survived all those years in a box of die-cast) and since most of you are familiar with the mat it's sitting on I doubt it's HO scale.

IMG_20170527_215844_hdr.jpg

There was a 1965 Chevrolet Van in the series . I've long wished for a return of it and for someone to do one in 1-24th scale as I used to manufacture van accessories .

Looking at front end, the Chevy Van was a '67. 65's and 66's had their headlamps mounted separately above the grille. 1967 Chevrolet moved the headlamps down in the grille, as depicted on the Lindberg kit.

Scott

Scott, I don't recall anyone besides Linburg ever doing a 1964-5 Chevrolet Van in scale . Yes, you're correct in the 66 model having a change . The 66 had a modified doghouse to accept the 307 V- 8 , the windhield went to a curved glass , the radiator was enlarged even on the 6's , and the tail lamps got larger too