Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Catalina windshield issue

Jantrix

So, I've got the '62 Catalina Custom kit. It's pink on the box art and the car has side vent window frames, but no vent windows on the clear parts tree. The instructions show a windshield that wraps to cover the vent windows, but the actual part does not. Is this a "custom" feature of this kit or is it an issue with all the Catalina releases? Any help would be appreciated.

20170521_145009_zpsytusfgoc.jpg

20170521_145053_zpsuodfa3vw.jpg

20170521_145004_zpsm22pzxwy.jpg

Edited by Jantrix

I wonder how it would look without the vent windows ??

I was thinking the same thing. The problem is that I'm building this box stock for contest.

If this kit has been released by Round2 recently, (maybe the Passionate Poncho release) can someone check that issue to see if the problem was corrected?

Edited by Jantrix

I was thinking the same thing. The problem is that I'm building this box stock for contest.

If this kit has been released by Round2 recently, (maybe the Passionate Poncho release) can someone check that issue to see if the problem was corrected?

I have used the clear plastic that comes from around the neck of a new dress shirt. They are very thin and will bend if needed. There are many other sources around the house if you look for a while.   

And the answer for anybody following who's curious: the original releases of the '62 Catalina did not have vent windows. I actually mentioned that in reviewing the kit when it was new, and the unofficial word we got back from Dyersville was "oops"...

Round 2 fixed this problem in the reissue with the Arnie Beswick car on the cover.  The windshield was modified to spread backward and fill out the vents in one piece.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis
typos

I built one of the original issues of this model. I just walked over to the display case and sure enough there is no "glass" for the vent window, I just never noticed. I'll call it a senior moment.