Model Cars Magazine Forum

Late 40's Traditional '29 Ford Roadster on '32 Rails

Dennis Lacy

Thank you, everyone, for your comments. Some of them are incredibly generous! 

Another knockout Dennis. The design and craftsmanship on this is excellent, it perfectly captures the look you were after. I like the understated black running gear and dark green block. And I'm not sure this would have looked as nice in any other color. The way everything fits together, plus that brown, gives it an earthy, organic look. All the pieces are there for a reason. I love it!

Thank you so much, Glenn! I went around and around on color and I just couldn't settle on something so I went to my LHS and stood there at the racks and this color finally raised its hand. I'm really happy with it and I couldn't imagine the car any other color, either.

B)

This is coolest version of this kit I've seen built yet. Love the Flathead motor and suspension changes, as well as the color combo (not a lot of hot rods painted brown in scale, so this is especially neat).

Cheers,

Albert

Thank you, Albert. Your roadster is super nice, too! They'd look good sitting next to each other.

B)

• 1 month later...

I have looked through the pictures several times and I am completely impressed with your attention to detail.  Each time I look at it I notice something else, it may be minuscule and unimportant to the overall build, but you have still paid attention to it.  Everything about this build is right on target, thanks for sharing it.

I have looked through the pictures several times and I am completely impressed with your attention to detail.  Each time I look at it I notice something else, it may be minuscule and unimportant to the overall build, but you have still paid attention to it.  Everything about this build is right on target, thanks for sharing it.

Well said, RJ! -KK