Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is a '69 F100 kit I bought for parts, set up on a spare AMT '78 frame. It's built to resemble a weird old wrecker I remember seeing as a kid- a regular cab short bed pickup set up on a crew cab chassis, with a semi sleeper stuck between the cab and bed. I used a Mercury from one of the AMT White/DR kits. The wrecker boom is from the MPC Datsun monster truck, built mostly box stock. The rear bumper was made from diamond-plate pattern plastic, and I used a rear step bumper on the front after seeing an old pickup in a junkyard with a similar setup. I think the hitch on it came from the '84 GMC kit. 

18555975_1938289443121778_89593641359351

18582499_1938289446455111_10517566256731

18581471_1938289409788448_16340655082083

Edited by Chuck Most

As always, nice details and the weathering is spot on Chuck. I knew there was a reason for your silence and now we can see what you have been up to!

Yeah....I've seen stuff like this one, too....Beautiful job....Definitely, something that could and has been done....Awesome.....

That is very cool!! I like the addition of the sleeper! I've seen a few like that around here over the years.

Looks great!  It also answers my question about whether or not a Mercury sleeper will look right mounted behind the resin '69 F-700 cab I have...

Hey Chuck, could u fix the photos on this post?? Im really interested in seeing this thing.. u had me at 'weird' lol

Hey Chuck, could u fix the photos on this post?? Im really interested in seeing this thing.. u had me at 'weird' lol

Consider it done. :)