Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto Quiz #325 - FINISHED

I know roughly what it is, but there's something about this one that makes me not sure of the exact model variation / year. Really curious.

Good old barge though, rather have one of these than any SUV!

Door handles look very familiar but I'm feeling too lazy to look up the specific year. :)

That is what made this one so easy for me.  Those pulls were only used on AMC cars in that era, as far as I know. I'm sure someone will correct me  but that's the give away feature for me. 

Edited by Pete J.

That is what made this one so easy for me.  Those pulls were only used on AMC cars in that erase, as far as I know. I'm sure someone will correct me  but that's the give away feature for me. 

Exactly.  I didn't feel like looking up the year and model but then the answer almost fell in my lap when I opened up the latest issue of Collectible Automobile magazine. There was an article about the AMC Ambassador (larger brother of the Matador). That gave me the approximate year.  Amazing how similar the Ambassador and Matador look in the photos.