Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Ford Fairlane 57, AMT, coral blue

Zoom

DSC07427_(3)_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.46bd1e

DSC07431_(2)_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.d60b25

DSC07429_(2)_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.b8325a

DSC07428_(2)_(1024x768).thumb.jpg.642351

DSC07432_(2)_(1024x769).thumb.jpg.f9fdd3

The body was warped, so I have to do some “cocking and bending”. Not perfect, there were still some misalignments here and there. It only stands on three wheels, but it does not show very much.
OOB, except for the script on the rear. Color is coral blue and racing white.

Comments are welcome.

Edited by Zoom
No more Photobucket

Thank you all :)

"espo" the doors are glue shut. The body was warped so I think this was the best way to go.

"Lovefordgalaxie" Argh I missed that. I have looked at your Fairlanes and on the "net" but apparently not good enough. :(

"Lovefordgalaxie" Argh I missed that. I have looked at your Fairlanes and on the "net" but apparently not good enough. :(

Very minor detail. And easy fix. 

If you have facebook, the guys at this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/795806737168030/

Will love to see this Ford!!

I loved it for sure. 

Beautiful, the '57 Ford is so much better looking than the '57 Chevy. I just never got what was so great about the '57 Chevy. It's pretty bland. JMHO though.

1957 was the year that Ford did outsell Chevy!   

"espo" the doors are glue shut. The body was warped so I think this was the best way to go.

The doors are a poor fit on this kit and the hinges are plastic and clunky.  I built mine as one of my first models as an adult and trusted the hinges.  The drivers door eventually came off and is just wedged in the opening.

MVC-028S

Beautiful paint and foil work, on a beautiful car.  Well done and congrats.  Yeah those doors are a pain, I spent a lot of time fiddling with them for a better fit only to achive a marginally better improvement over oob.  If I build another one, I'll glue them shut like you did.

Being a pain in the as Ford freak, I just have to say the front splash pan is supposed to be painted argent.

What color is argent?

Beautiful build! Perfect color for the time period. Is it the lighting, or is the interior actually a green color? I would use blue. Good work!

You are right, it is green. I agree not the best choise of color for the interior :)

Thank you all for your comments and pictures!!!

Sweet!

I haven't built one of these old Fords in many years!

But I did pick one up some months back.

I've always wanted to build one in either "Inca Gold" & "Silver Mocha" or "Coral Sand" & "Silver Mocha".

Nice work Bo!

Steve

Image result for Silver Mocha 1957 FairlaneImage result for Silver Mocha 1957 Fairlane

The coral sand and silver mocha Ford looks a lot better, not because of the color, but because the other car has goofy radial tires. Eww... Hate radial tires. 

Absolutely Gorgeous!! :wub:

And that color! It's so-------------------'50's!

This is another of my '50's favorites and for years I have this kit just waiting to be built. I've got the PE, decals for certain color seats, TONS of reference pics,  and even a particular color in mind. Now I just need that little "oomph" to push me over the edge and start on one! :D