Model Cars Magazine Forum

Speaking to Tapani the other day and he is getting caught up orders that people placed at NNL East.  I decided to order the Corvair Bertone from him after picking up things from him at NNL and it should be here in about a weeks time. I think he was a little overwhelmed by the response he got at the show.   Vey nice fellow.

Speaking to Tapani the other day and he is getting caught up orders that people placed at NNL East.

I think he was a little overwhelmed by the response he got at the show.   Very nice fellow.

No matter how I try to prepare new vendors for NNL East, they are always surprised and unprepared the first time! 

I spent a good part of NNL Friday Evening with Tapani and Juha Airo--What a great pair they are to chat about model car stuff with!   Bought their Morris Minor 2dr Saloon, hwich is beautiful, at their hotel room--about noon on Saturday, at the NNL, Tapani came, almost running, to the Moebius Display, where I was assisting Dave Metzner, to tell me with a very red face, that he'd just realized he'd forgotten to include the chassis, and will be sending it to me ASAP.  I was so impressed with that, I went back over to their tables, and plunked down the dollars for their forthcoming 1941 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe.

It does take some time for any shipment to make it from Helsinki Finland to the US--Helsinki isn't exactly on a trade superhighway, but be patient--their stuff is all a CLASS ACT,  as are the two of them.

Art

Hello all, I have now shipped all orders I got at NNL. The last ones were left to be shipped last Sunday. As I promised free shipping for the people who paid at the show, they were sent in Economy mail, which really isn't much slower than Priority mail. (and I'm not THAT nice a guy that I would offer tracked shipping for free...) Thank you for your patience, I hope you like what you get. If there are problems or questions, please feel free to contact me directly. You'll find my e-mail under Air-Trax page on this forum. I'm in Facebook too.

I bought your Corvair Bertone (beat my friend Steve to it) and it is very well done. I understand that it may be a fictional car as the real Corvair Bertone did not look like your version. In any case, it has moved near the top of my build list to go along with my other Corvairs, including this nearly completed mid-engined version :) 

IMG_0736[1].JPG

IMG_0735[1].JPG

Hello all, I have now shipped all orders I got at NNL. The last ones were left to be shipped last Sunday. As I promised free shipping for the people who paid at the show, they were sent in Economy mail, which really isn't much slower than Priority mail. (and I'm not THAT nice a guy that I would offer tracked shipping for free...) Thank you for your patience, I hope you like what you get. If there are problems or questions, please feel free to contact me directly. You'll find my e-mail under Air-Trax page on this forum. I'm in Facebook too.

My Maurader came yesterday. It is wonderful. Thank you for the fast shipping. And thank you for attending the show. Hope to see you there again one day.

• 3 weeks later...

Got these from Air-Trax last week, and man are they nice! Go ahead, send these guys your money, you won't regret it..As soon as they make more obscure Mopars, I'm buying 'em!

airtrax79chrysler300.jpg

airtrax83dodgemirada.jpg

I got that '79 Cordoba/300 last year and am part way through it. It's very nice. 

Also picked up the '69 300 from them. :)

I have the '69 300 Hardtop, and I can say, everything fits very well with just a little cleanup.It looks to me that the AMT '71 Charger Kit will get you most everything to finish it off. You're on your own with the chrome for the bumpers. The rare 'recall" wheels are alumnum, and should be finished accordingly.

I love the "Air Trax" kits in my collection.

I'll get around to building them someday.