Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dual airintake on K100 and K123 and engine questions

For my next project's once the Black Thunder is done is an Kenworth K100 and K123 that i was planning to build as australian trucks.
Most of the pics i have found of australian versions of them have dual airintakes, so that is one thing i also want to make on them.
But how are the dual airintake connected to the airfilter housing? i have not found any good pic,s of it.
As most here probably knows those kits only comes with singel airintakes.

What engines was mostly used in them in australia?
I know that the K123 could have a cat engine but not sure wich one, maybee a v8 would be fun to have in it?
I also know that the K100 could have a detroit v12 in them so i am almost thinking of using the auslowe,s v12 for it.
If it were used in them in australia i dont know, but i am getting tired of almost every truckkit only having a 6cylinder engine and want something different.

They use two air cleaner housings too...reason...the Australian outback is very dusty so you need to clean the air good, after that it's only to route the piping to the engine.
I'm sure the Aussies pretty much had the same engine options as the US customers had so engines from Cummins, Cat and Detroit would have been available.
I have seen pictures and videos of Aussie KW's with different Cat 6's and V8's, different Cummins 6's and Detroit V8's and V12's and I'm sure there are other engines used too.

Edited by Force

i dont know where you look , but i have very good picture,s found on google

type australian kenworth truck,s and you find i lot of kenworth,s , k type,s and w 

and also a very good picture,s of the back of a k that you see the aircleaner,s pipes how it,s connected

also a different aircleaner,s on the top of the roof [ i know that the are also make in resin for 1:25 ] 

hope you find what your lookin for

jacobus

I know you're building an Australian version, but here in the States dual air cleaners on a K100 usually meant a Detroit 12V71 from what I've read. I think that was the only engine option that had dual air cleaners as standard. I'm not sure if KW in Australia did the same thing.but hopefully that helps a little.

Thanks for your reply.
Found out that i dont have to scratchbuild anything as auslowe are about to release a areodyne kw (for the AMT kit) that have the dual aircleaners, they are also going to sell them seperatly so i think i am going to go with them to save some time.
From the looks of their kw uses the 12v71

yes pierre , have seen the news and picture,s of it

very soon to order , and also a mack trident have i see , but i think he was earlyer on the market

also see kw tandem torsion bar suspension 

wil see it

jacobus

The Auslowe 86 inch Aerodyne is a transkit for the current AMT Tyrone Malone Papa Truck and other K100 Aerodyne kits wich has the larger 108 inch cab, as it's a transkit it has no chassis so you will have to use the chassis and drive train from a donor kit
The engine on the Auslowe pictures is too short to be a V12, it looks to be the 8V-92T from the K100 Aerodyne kits the transkit is made for.
The air cleaner and exhaust parts will be available separate, so you don't have to buy the whole kit to get them.

I know in the US  dual air cleaners on a KW COE means it has a Detroit 12V-71, but in Australia they use dual air cleaners on almost every truck regardless of engine type due to the dusty conditions in the outback.