Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 TDR Nova

Nothing to show this weekend I was too busy focusing on my health and family. I still hope to get started on this chassis this month. Thank you for all the nice comments.

I've gotten a few messages about the build and it seems some others really like that I have more than myself contributing to the build and then there was one guy that doesn't think that's cool at all but I explained if I didn't include some key others it'd take me ten years to ever get anything done. I took an inventory of the brass I have and it looks like I have everything handy to get it started, just have to find the time now this month as I know when April hits I'll have no time for it.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:56 PM, NYLIBUD said:

So,any progress on the Nova?Really Looking forward to seeing this car done.

No visible progress. As this will be by first attempt at brass, I have done a little research in hopes I can succeed on it. Round filing seemed to take way too long so I purchased a 5mm carbide cutter and plan on rigging up something either in the manual lathe or my bench mill so notching the tubing is easy.

I'll try and find some time in the next week to do at least the floor structure before hanging it up for the summer. I have a lot to do this year outside.

Pretty slow at work right now so I started an alum engine design. I started with a free engine file I found on-line, then I'm modifying it to my liking, sorta referencing the 481X block as I like it's appearance more than the AJ block. I'm having difficulty finding dimensions for the Hemi front side of the engine I'd like to put on this, any help would be appreciated to save me an hour drive to go measure one out, LOL.

When it done it'll be bbc bellhousing pattern, Hemi front, custom sides see attached pictures I have roughed in & hemi style heads.

P.S. I'm using UG NX11.0 software if anyone is curious.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I had some time today, started trying to get the front looking correct. Many thanks to Ron Olsen for letting me get some measurements of a 1/4 scale hemi he 3D printed for me, that along with some images of the internet and I still need to get the distributor mag hole put on it. A lot to do yet but it's starting to look like something.

1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys nothing at all.

I've been working 15-16 hr days for a couple of weeks. A magnesium plant had a thermal event here in Michigan and it's shut down Ford F-series truck production lines. A lot of dies here right now to repair and get back into production so I have zero personal life at the moment. I'll update when I can.

Edited by underdog1495

• 1 month later...

No nothing at all. I expect work to slow down a bit so I may be able to work on the cad model for the engine. As far as the chassis I haven't touched it, still have

a paper design to finish up then learn how to do brass as I've never done one, only styrene. Really busy in the summer months. Deck is half done, dog fence at the other house is half done and I have my 1:1 Malibu coming home in a few weeks as well, I'm spread thin. Come on snow right, LOL

• 1 month later...