Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 TDR Nova

The starter may be a tad small but I'm only concerned with the block first.

My 1:1 isn't getting done as quickly as I had hoped at the chassis shop so I may see what I can do with this on vacation time, doesn't sound like my wife will be dragging me off anywhere and my projects are done for the most part. Pretty sure I have everything I need for materials,.....kicking myself in the rear...

• 2 weeks later...

Messing around this morning with my new 5-axis software. This particular NC program... the work piece spins on the x-axis while the cutter stays on Y zero and bumps up and down on the Z axis to the part shape. It makes its way from the front of the block to the rear of the block. I see it crashes into the timing chain area so I need to alter that. Might try some ren board and see how it cuts one of these days. 

E36C3AE0-F24B-43FF-A255-3BAD10A581F0.jpeg

Edited by underdog1495

• 3 weeks later...

Ran into some post processor issues last week but I think I have that portion figured out and solved now. Next will be getting used to the cnc controller and getting the G-code loaded into the machine to try and cut something. Amazing I haven't ran cnc in 25 years and it's just like riding a bike still

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sold the 1/8 scale resin 55 body and put the money towards this 3D printed Nova body. The items on the 1st page are from that previous build. Some I made, Some were made by MicroNitro. I never built a chassis for it before I sold it off.  Work has been a nightmare lately and when I get home I have no energy for this project. I have everything to start the chassis, just have to sit down and start. The 1:1 Malibu build has been taking up some of my spare time as well. We just set the engine and making the front and mid-plate for it. Did an engine mock up with ProCharger to make sure everything fits, next up is the rack & pinion and mount the seats then I'll have it at home to start wiring the entire car.

I used to have one but I gave it to my nephew as a birthday gift. I was hoping he'd finish it but he hasn't touched it. I may get it back, LOL.

I do have Andy Chew's 1/16 55 Chevy, he started it, chassis is done, a lot of parts, just needs to be assembled pretty much. I haven't even touched it since I bought it.

I found some images of Andy's 55 Chevy. I had this one originally, sold it to Andy as he wanted to try a 1/16, he built it to what you see and sold it to Rafael Torres, then I bought it from him, so yeah it's been around the world I think, LOL. I hope this helps you out

…. Back on topic now. It's snowing here in Michigan and I'm hoping like crazy I can get started on my brass chassis, maybe Sunday fingers crossed

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Really struggling finding some time at home for the chassis as I've had to stay late everyday at work the past month. I did find time last night to wrap up my supercharger tweaks and I was able to do the hat last Sunday. I think I'm about done messing with this. May change up the oil pan some but I think this thing is 99%. Thoughts, comments...concerns?

7.jpg