Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 TDR Nova

Well I finally pulled the trigger on the 1/8 scale Nova about a month ago. It arrived from Shapeway a few days ago. I sold my resin 55 Chevy to help fund this one, then along with the Shapeway 15% off sale I had just enough money to purchase. I doubt I'll be doing a whole lot this summer as I'm in the middle of a garage build and also restoring a 64 Malibu SS right now and as you all know something like this will take several years. I have quite a few 1/8 items already built and collected for the 55 Chevy that I can use for this project which I'll post as time permits. Help me stay motivated and we'll see where this one goes.

* I plan on having Ken Shreve from Maryland paint this monster for me, he did another build for me last year that really turned out great.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by underdog1495

brian,   great to see more 1/8 drag cars being built.  great job on the valve covers and pulleys.  i see by the valve covers you have access to a c.n.c. something that would totally cool would be seeing someone with c.n.c. talent actually do a 5.3 bore space billet block and cyl. heads. i've done profiles on my hand mill but, to see someone duplicate the art work on a billet block and heads would be phenomenal.

like this.

2015-12-24_07-21-33_zps507kvdsb.jpg

IMG_7951_zpsft93mxpq.jpg

good luck on your upcoming project. it'll be cool to watch!!!!!

Yes I have a couple cnc's. I also have been working in the tool & die field since 1986, stared out in school and working part time painting machines and sweeping the shop floors, climbed the ladder to now I'm the engineering manager. See pic, those are Sherlnies in the cabinets

1.jpg

Edited by underdog1495

• 4 weeks later...

WOW Brian.  What a great build you've got going.  I bought a TDR body as well and I just want to say what a great job you did getting the body ready for paint. I've only sanded the roof to date and can see a bit of time getting it to where you are on the Nova.   The fact you've done this 1/8 scale is just amazing.  Looking forward to your next updates.   cheers, tim