[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
underdog1495

1/8 TDR Nova

Wow,looks great.A lot better then my Shapeways Pro mod Nova.Cant wait to see the chassis:cage.

To see the daylight bouncing off that purple roof..... more than a work of art.... it's poetry!

Wish I could get close to that glass finish with my paintwork.

David

Ken is touching up a couple of things and hopes to ship to me this weekend.

I'm going to start laying out a chassis jig which will hold this in place, I need all the help I can get since I only have two hands.

I have an alum plate and some pressure clamp arms that the jig & fixture world uses on coordinate measuring machines to hold work.

I'm going to put a couple slots horizontal which will hold a small block with a 'v' or a half round in it so it's adjustable, I know hard

to envision, Hope to have something to show in a week is life doesn't get in the way.

1 hour ago, underdog1495 said:

Ken took this pic today before he shipped out the body to me. WoW!!

B8C808E2-C0F6-4090-95B5-423383AE018E.jpeg

Holy Sh%#,I didn't realize the car was that large.Looks incredible.

It's a long time since I've been here in Big Boys section so I just went through the whole thread. Really nice work so far! Great job smoothing out the body before painting and the paint job looks good too. Now I need to follow this one...

he should be smiling.....car looks GREAT!!!! nice job guys!!

Started the design of the chassis. Took a while to get this base designed, researched the SFI spec closely and tracing the inside of the body, wheel base, engine position, etc. i think i have it nailed....if not ..well I’ll fix it somehow  lol lol

EF0212BE-185F-4143-8A4E-1077D4E9BFD8.jpeg

Edited by underdog1495

Well Brian, if the chassis turns out anything like the body, it will be truly brilliant !

David

Nothing this week guys. Thanks for all the encouraging comments. The weather is starting to break and I was very busy with family and house things this weekend. My 1:1 64 Malibu build will be coming home from the chassis shop in a month or two so I'm trying to stay on this Nova build in the meantime.

Bill Sansone helped me out with these, look nice Simpson blackout. Pretty sure i have some silver i can put on the ropes to look the part a bit more  

C03150DE-590A-43D4-B4E2-58085EC7E92D.jpeg

07D4C016-DFA9-46C2-8DD8-A08CFF8F369B.jpeg

6CFC8079-6A3A-4D77-A56E-D215FF7D08E7.jpeg

Edited by underdog1495