Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 TDR Nova

Someone made me an offer to sell the body. I laughed at their offer, I don't think people realize the cost it takes. They have since made 2-3 offers. The last one I said ok as I'd be foolish not to do it and I'll just start another one. He gave me a substantial down payment of 80%(which covers my time/material into it). I've been waiting for the rest of the money for several weeks now and no word from him. So that's the main reason I haven't been doing anything. I am super busy with my 1:1 Malibu build as well, so I really wouldn't have gotten far on this model to be honest. Right now I DO have time to build as I'm waiting on a billet intake to finish up and tieing up loose ends on the chassis build I don't expect the Malibu home for a couple months.

I'm going to try and get ahold of him yet again today and find out what's going on.

Ok I got ahold of him. Apparently the dems in New York passed a new bill or something which directly affected this guys job and he was laid off on Friday. He has asked for his money back which I gladly sent to him right away. That all said, The 1/8 TDR Nova is staying put and I need to get my butmoving on it now.

Edited by underdog1495
spelling error

• 4 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:28 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Nothing new to show?I can’t wait to see that car finished.

No nothing new at all. I'm so busy building my 1:1 Malibu right now I just do not have any extra time. My 1:1 Belair I did get that project done, new carb and fuel pump and plumbing. I'm ashamed this project Nova has been stalled out for so long, I was in my hobby room last night an there it sits all cool looking, LOL.  You'll be the first to know when I get my butt in there and notch some brass for chassis

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

Gotcha,thanks:D Good luck with your projects.Somethings are more important then building a model..LOL

More expensive, I can NOT believe the price of parts now. I've been out of drag racing for 15 years and prices are 2.5-3x more than they were in 2003. Unbelievable, no wonder no kids are into drag racing and hardly anyone is building cars anymore.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...