Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Tom Daniel SweeTee

TooOld

This is going to be cool. I also have not never seen one before. Just when I thought the Little T was the only release with the turtle deck. 

Yep it's got the turtle deck , the oval gas tank , and the headers . . . although the headers have been shortened with an angle cut on the end .

After painting the yellow trim it was obvious that the color wasn't even close to matching , so I used some acrylic craft paints and mixed a yellow that's closer to the plastic color .

Here's the engine with the new yellow details .  I also opened up the ends of the headers .

Edited by TooOld

Looking good!  the new yellow for the engine details looks spot on (on my monitor, at least).

Are the cheater slicks out back as they came out of the box, or did you modify them?

Thanks , the new yellow makes a big difference in the overall look .

The kit has some really nice big slicks . I sanded them and cut the grooves myself .

The way the wheels attach to the suspension has been bugging me , just a small stud going into a hole in  the wheel is very flimsy and not very strong , so I decided to remove the spokes from the inner wheels and glue them directly to the backing plates .  This is much stronger and looks much better .

It also improved the look of the wheels ,  the spokes look thinner and cleaner !

Edited by TooOld

The last item before final assembly is the interior .  The box art shows yellow seats with black inserts so they were painted with a white base before more yellow was mixed to match .

The rest of the interior was left black .

See you Under Glass ! :)

Edited by TooOld