Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Tom Daniel SweeTee

TooOld

Since I've been restoring early Monogram kits I figured now was a good time to build one right out of the box with virgin plastic , and it will look great on the shelf next to the Boss A Bone I finished a while back !  This SweeTee is an unbuilt survivor I bought back when it was first released and have managed to hold onto along with a couple dozen or so other kits .  This will be built straight out of the box with just a bit of detailing so it should go together pretty quick .

First task was to glue the engine halves together , then sand and polish the main parts .   The sanding and polishing sticks make quick work of this .

I made some quickie decals for the tailgate and the radiator shell .

Edited by TooOld

Nice one Bob, I look forward to the next episode! I did the same on my Aurora Dune Buggy build, washed the kit, added the body decals and gave it two coats of clear gloss.

Edited by PatW

This is THE best designed t-bucket kit I've ever seen. Very tasteful and nicely molded. You did a great job on this. Uhhhhh, you don't have any more that may need a good home do ya Bob?

It's definitely got the look from that time period .  And I've got a few but they seem to be happy here . :)

THE GUY ON THE RIGHT OF THE BOX ART,WITH THE CAMERA, LOOKS LIKE TOM DANIELS HIMSELF, DRESSED IN THAT PERIOD OF CLOTHING!!!. I HAD THE BOSS A BONE ALSO. TOM DANIELS KITS WERE EASY TO BUILD ,MOLDED IN COLORS, DID NOT HAVE TO PAINT MUCH AND HAD EASY  AND DETAILED PICTURE INSTRUCTIONS. LOVED THEM ALL, SAND CRAB, TRICK -T,BAD MEDICINE,ETC

THE GUY ON THE RIGHT OF THE BOX ART,WITH THE CAMERA, LOOKS LIKE TOM DANIELS HIMSELF, DRESSED IN THAT PERIOD OF CLOTHING!!!. I HAD THE BOSS A BONE ALSO. TOM DANIELS KITS WERE EASY TO BUILD ,MOLDED IN COLORS, DID NOT HAVE TO PAINT MUCH AND HAD EASY  AND DETAILED PICTURE INSTRUCTIONS. LOVED THEM ALL, SAND CRAB, TRICK -T,BAD MEDICINE,ETC

Self portrait , Tom did the box art . :)

That is awesome Bob..!  I have loved the Tom Daniels kits since I was a kid..its always good to see them.

Thanks !

I'm not familiar with this kit but it sure turned out great. I might have to look for one of these.  

Good luck , they go for $100+ if you can find one !  That finished one that's posted isn't mine .

Edited by TooOld

Moving right along , the engine and chassis are coming together .  Even after building a few of these those suspension pieces still can be frustrating , especially with these old fingers !

Edited by TooOld