Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another from the new guy: Howlin Wolf's Fleetline

SawgrassRaven

As a lover of all things blues, I built these 1/24 scale models a couple of years ago of Howlin Wolf's 1950 Chevrolet Fleetline, of which there is only one known photo of. Since there were no kits of this car available (that I know of), I had to use 1951 kits and modify them. With the extra parts I built a junker. Of the good builds, I built two; one I kept, the other I sent to Buddy Guy and it now sits at Buddy Guy's Legends in Chicago. He replied with the photo in the last pic.  :) .

DSCN8998.JPG

DSCN8997.JPG

DSCN8996.JPG

DSCN8995.JPG

DSCN8993.JPG

DSCN8999.JPG

DSCN9000.JPG

DSCN9001.JPG

DSCN9002.JPG

DSCN9012.JPG

DSCN9013.JPG

Jason your work is outstanding, this one is another hit out of the park.  Hope you continue to contribute, cause I want to see more.

Thanks! I'll stick around and contribute what little I can. Like I said, I've lurked here for a while but never had the courage to post up my stuff. Insecurities; we all have 'em.

:D

Amazing, I love it. On the weathered one I really like how you ran the white paint down from the lettering on the door. I love listening to some blues while working at the bench, thanks for posting this.

Both are beautiful builds and to be complimented by another artist of that caliber is just icing on the cake.  I really like the way you carried the weathering into the floorboards.  I have seen many who ignore this most important area of a rust bucket; usually the floorboards are the first to go.