Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Charger Custom

RestoModGuy

This was my Memorial Weekend build. Nothing super detailed here as this is the recent release from MPC of the Dukes Charger. Absolutely the crummiest kit I've ever opened, nothing fit, horrible flashing, low detail, just junk as a kit goes and this kit almost made to the curb in a trash-can, but it challenged me to fix the problems and build it as a curbside show-piece instead of curbside-trash.

Saturday morning did body mods, fixed all the hood fitment problems, replaced the horrible rear valance, notched exhaust ports, added some plastic and molded in a higher flip to the rear tail, added a front air-dam as the Charger in my opinion just needs something low and front to balance it. Tucked and shaved the bumpers and painted Platinum. Paint is Purple MetalCast over Bright Platinum with EFFEX pearl base and several polished clear coats sprayed Saturday afternoon. 

Sunday was polish and buff day then assembly on Monday. Pegasus wheels painted spokes Titanium, Clearly Scale Pro-Touring Recaro front seats, aluminum exhaust, disc-brakes and a PE gas-filler, gives this crummy Dukes MPC kit a nice curbside build now sitting on my desk. 

Photo_2017-05-29_17-19-54.thumb.jpg.e38e   

Photo_2017-05-29_17-16-57.thumb.jpg.0f12

Under lights the EFFEX Pearl really shows

Photo_2017-05-29_15-14-11.thumb.jpg.43ef

I like the stance, used some stance-style strech front tires

Photo_2017-05-29_17-15-39.thumb.jpg.8615

Thanks for looking....

Edited by RestoModGuy

Holly sh*$ this turned out nice, you know I have never bought that kit just for the reasons you said that I heard from others.  But if you do body work like this I will buy a kit and have you do the body work.  Awesome work