Model Cars Magazine Forum

Are those models kits or scratchbuilt?

If those are kits, do they include the full interior and figures?

What did you use for electronics to drive the LEDs?

How are they powered (internal battery or external power)?

they are kits. The smaller one is a polar lights, no figures, but you can get the fusion core lights aftermarket, 20 diff sequences and tsds has interior decals. The big one is a 1/35 Mobius models kit. They sell the LED light kit for it as well. Tsds has decals for the interior. The LEDs have external power ,and the fiber optics I put in are run off one battery. No figures. They are 1960's vintage Marx toys astronauts I cut and painted.the figures in the small one are from the flying sub model. Monogram

IMG_20170521_145042_zpsqnad0qgx.jpg

Edited by Lizz62

Are those models kits or scratchbuilt?

If those are kits, do they include the full interior and figures?

What did you use for electronics to drive the LEDs?

How are they powered (internal battery or external power)?

i have a bag of those figures if you are planning to build one, or I can build you one .

they are kits. The smaller one is a polar lights, no figures, but you can get the fusion core lights aftermarket, 20 diff sequences and tsds has interior decals. The big one is a 1/35 Mobius models kit. They sell the LED light kit for it as well. Tsds has decals for the interior. The LEDs have external power ,and the fiber optics I put in are run off one battery. No figures. They are 1960's vintage Marx toys astronauts I cut and painted.the figures in the small one are from the flying sub model. Monogram

That is some outstanding work.  Even with all the aftermarket items and lights, it must have taken many, many hours of fun modeling!

Thanks for offering me the figures. I would love to build (and light) one of these up, but with all my planned, started, and in-progress projects I know that won't happen for a very long time.

You need to show us and tell us more about these builds. Was the very first posting the Moebuis kit? And how did you decide to use the colors you did for the interior? It looks more colorful than I would expect or remember. As from see this and your other work, I'm always impressed. You do and great job and have similar interests to mine. So I always enjoy your postings.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

You need to show us and tell us more about these builds. Was the very first posting the Moebuis kit? And how did you decide to use the colors you did for the interior? It looks more colorful than I would expect or remember. As from see this and your other work, I'm always impressed. You do and great job and have similar interests to mine. So I always enjoy your postings.

Scott

all the pics are the moebuis kit. In th video is a polar lights also. Ill take some more pics of the interiors. The colors are correct for the show. Two different seasons. They changed the Jupiter  2 quite a bit every season. The moebius is season one colors, even thought season one was black and white. The other is basically the rest of the season colors. Still detailing the moebius. I have Mattel 1960's switch and go figures coming of the Robinson family.

this is awesome, ive had one up for trade for a year now and no one wanted it, maybe I should just build it

they don't know what they're missing . it is pretty kool with the lights and all. Don't forget the TSDS decals. Gobto their site, they have alot of stuff  for this kit

• 2 weeks later...

this is awesome, ive had one up for trade for a year now and no one wanted it, maybe I should just build it

PM me this week, I may be interested in doing some trading, if I have anything you might need. My stash is 60% cars, 30% aircraft, and 10% misc. Lots of Star Trek stuff, but also other SciFi. Let's talk!