Model Cars Magazine Forum
Mr mopar

Wanted ....this is a long shot ??

I'm looking for someone willing to pull the Grille Emblem off there Franklin mint 1/24 1971 Roar runner so I can cast it in resin ?

Monogram seems to not have the rights the to Road runner name so they made the 71' satellite instead ,but will all know it is a road runner .

you will get it back in good shape ,let's talk if your will ? TIA

Doug

$(KGrHqRHJE8FIHknK8gSBSHkPzO(6Q~~60_57.jpg

mmRruJJBh0MtHGwlt27hI0g.jpg

FM71.jpg

That green one looks like anything but a Franklin Mint; wish I could help

I'm looking for someone willing to pull the Grille Emblem off there Franklin mint 1/24 1971 Roar runner so I can cast it in resin ?

Monogram seems to not have the rights the to Road runner name so they made the 71' satellite instead ,but will all know it is a road runner .

you will get it back in good shape ,let's talk if your will ? TIA

Doug

$(KGrHqRHJE8FIHknK8gSBSHkPzO(6Q~~60_57.jpg

mmRruJJBh0MtHGwlt27hI0g.jpg

FM71.jpg

Actually with the '71 GTX, Satellite and Roadrunner, with a slight change in hoods as well as Grille it could BE EITHER one of them! (ALL the same car, body-wise)..... Just different hoods, badging, and emblems between the 3 in '71 (Also have different powertrain options too....) 

Do you have the piece?  If you have the piece and, can send it, I would be willing to cast it.

That be a nice added detail if one could be located for molding. I'd even make a casting if one can be found!

I'm thinking no one wants to take apart a $200 die cast just for one part ..................But that one part would help us model guy's a hole bunch !

I'm thinking no one wants to take apart a $200 die cast just for one part ..................But that one part would help us model guy's a hole bunch !

That is if anyone out there on this forum even HAS one to take apart! Ya just never know!

That is if anyone out there on this forum even HAS one to take apart! Ya just never know!

The upside of this is that this model is not worth $200.  More like $40-$45 on the secondary market.  I reviewed this one for one of the 2 diecast Magazines I wrote for (either Toy Cars and Models or The Car Room Magazine) and Franklin really screwed the pooch on it.

Image result for 71 plymouth roadrunner

The 1:1 had hidden wipers that tucked into the cowl under the lip of the hood.  Franklin's did not

FM71.jpg

This was Franklin's Marketing at its worst...this kind of garbage is what drove Franklin Mint Diecast right into the ground.  When a collector is shelling out $200+ for a "Precision" replica...well, pictures speak volumes.  They were famous for this kind of garbage (they did a stock 63 corvette in frost blue that had a ride height so high it looked like it was a 4X4!!!).  George Bojaciuk will back me on that one.  We have talked for hours of the horror stories that Marketing at Franklin Mint screwed up on what was to be a well detailed diecast.

I think I may still have this one.  I might have sold it though.  I was given to me by FM for the (not very favorable) article I wrote on it.  Let me see if I stll have it and if I do, just how difficult it will be to remove it.  A lot of diecast manufactures used a mounting hole and the piece usually had a pin on that was heat treated to expand the pin to hold it in place.  If that is the case, it's a simple removal.  If it is molded in, it may be more of a biotch to remove and thus not worth the effort for fear of butchering it  and the diecast altogether.

that would be cool  Brian if it comes off easy , but please not wreak your die cast to do it ! Thx Doug

Brian made me laugh with his post! They had a mindset after I left that they could make anything and people would just buy it. I was told by a marketing type that I sweat too many details. That's what I was hired to do! When all the car guys were gone, my favorite was Goodyear Polyglass stamped on the sidewall....yep!, 2 S's. When I emailed the guy, he said no one would notice.....guess again Batman! It was noticed and they took a beating. Today they are gone.

Wow I did not know this die cast had so many flaws , that's why I like model kits not as many to fix , but the grille emblem look good!

Get one of the 3D artists to draw one and have it 3D printed by someone like Shapeways. Then it could be cast in resin and you could have as many as you wanted. Just a thought.

Edited by Bill J

That's my last resort ............. But thanks for the idea !

All I need is someone the press the Franklin mint Roadrunner head in some Amazing putty and send that to me ,them I could work from there .

Someone out must have this Diecast  please I need help with this !

I think this could be replicated somewhat easily without removing the part from the car.  It's a cool little part though.  I for fun would like to have the horn from a roadrunner.  I suppose I could just hook it up to a battery and beep it once in awhile.

There is a seller on ebay parting one of these cars out. You might want to ask him if he has the grille emblem.

is it a franklin mint 1/24 71' roadrunner ? that he is parting out? could not find it do you have a link to it?

Edited by Mr mopar