• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Wanted ....this is a long shot ??

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks Mike he only ships with in the usa not Canada . I guess i'll still be looking .

Posted

Does he have it? If he does, have him ship it to one of us, and we can forward it to the land up over.

Posted

Hey Mike no he already sold the grille thx for the help!

Posted (edited)

Now knowing the seller sold the grille, I placed a bid on a mostly complete car from a seller in Ohio.  If you find the listing for it please don't bid against me.  The starting bid is 30 bucks.  The seller says if it costs less than 22 for postage that money will be refunded.  There might even be other parts on the car worth casting.  I'm certain I will be informed.  I think this is a reasonable investment for a hard to find detail part, it's a cool part too.  I have been told by others that Mopar people are crazy, and I don't mean it in a bad way.  Mopar people will buy anything brand related and might be more hardcore than Chevy people.  I could probably get rich selling Mopar toilet paper!  I wonder why auto parts stores don't sell such an item.  Marketing and brand names is a amazing and important field to know about.  I am waiting to get a copy of a book titled FRICTION that has to do with this subject.  I'm hoping to read it while I am resting from a upcoming kidney surgery.  I heard about the book listening to Glen Becks radio show.  There is a lot to learn listening to talk radio. Doug, I do ship to Canada and anywhere else I can.

Edited by Greg Wann

Posted

Now knowing the seller sold the grille, I placed a bid on a mostly complete car from a seller in Ohio.  If you find the listing for it please don't bid against me.  The starting bid is 30 bucks.  The seller says if it costs less than 22 for postage that money will be refunded.  There might even be other parts on the car worth casting.  I'm certain I will be informed.  I think this is a reasonable investment for a hard to find detail part, it's a cool part too.  I have been told by others that Mopar people are crazy, and I don't mean it in a bad way.  Mopar people will buy anything brand related and might be more hardcore than Chevy people.  I could probably get rich selling Mopar toilet paper!  I wonder why auto parts stores don't sell such an item.  Marketing and brand names is a amazing and important field to know about.  I am waiting to get a copy of a book titled FRICTION that has to do with this subject.  I'm hoping to read it while I am resting from a upcoming kidney surgery.  I heard about the book listening to Glen Becks radio show.  There is a lot to learn listening to talk radio. Doug, I do ship to Canada and anywhere else I can.

i hope you get it and cast that bird up !

Posted

I got outbid.  That little birdy flew the coop!  I have too many other projects and distractions anyway.  It is a really cool part though.

Posted

Brian made me laugh with his post! They had a mindset after I left that they could make anything and people would just buy it. I was told by a marketing type that I sweat too many details. That's what I was hired to do! When all the car guys were gone, my favorite was Goodyear Polyglass stamped on the sidewall....yep!, 2 S's. When I emailed the guy, he said no one would notice.....guess again Batman! It was noticed and they took a beating. Today they are gone.

Hey George, would you happen to have one of these little guys laying around in your parts boxes?

Posted

Hey Greg ,I did see all of them thank you ,that little bird head is so hard to find ,all I'm asking is someone can sent me a clay  impression of it then I could cast them up.

Posted

So....I decided to up my bid to 75 bucks but I still did not win it, I am a bit sad about it.  I could not watch it end because I had to drive home from work.  I was thinking about how I could get the most out of my investment if I only used that one little part.  Making lots and lots of those little road runner heads from the grille.  Of course they would sell well for model car builds.  And I thought maybe they would be cool to glue to small earth magnets.  You can buy them off of Ebay cheap.  They are round and thin and very strong for something in your car or on your fridge, etc, etc.  You could cast them clear for a "pilot on" switch light for some electronic equipment and then backlight them.  If you are a tailor or seamstress you could cast them over the heads of straight pins for fun.

Posted

So....I decided to up my bid to 75 bucks but I still did not win it, I am a bit sad about it.  I could not watch it end because I had to drive home from work.  I was thinking about how I could get the most out of my investment if I only used that one little part.  Making lots and lots of those little road runner heads from the grille.  Of course they would sell well for model car builds.  And I thought maybe they would be cool to glue to small earth magnets.  You can buy them off of Ebay cheap.  They are round and thin and very strong for something in your car or on your fridge, etc, etc.  You could cast them clear for a "pilot on" switch light for some electronic equipment and then backlight them.  If you are a tailor or seamstress you could cast them over the heads of straight pins for fun.

this sound good ,but we still don't have that head ?

Posted

No........ sorry to say, it got away.  

Posted

So.......I was driving home from work tonight and started thinking again if I had this 1:24 scale part about the goofy things I could do with it once cast.  Then I thought to myself, Self!, if you had that grille emblem in a 1:1 scale size you could make a mold of it.........Hey, that doesn't sound like a bad idea.  You could cast them in a clear resin.  I can do that.  You could probably paint them in their proper colors with transparent paint and put light bulbs in them.  WOW!  That might be fun........Let's see....... can you add that idea to the hundred or so that keeps you awake at night?  HMMMMM, well, I could still make clear ones.  I know.....I could make clear ones, send them to someone who is interested for a each price.  They could paint them, and make a string of Christmas lights out of them.  Mopar fanatics will buy anything related.  A brief search on the internet did not find anything like that.  It does have promise.  Also if someone owned a real car they could have a lighted version just for kicks.  Or a nightlight.  SO......Anybody here have a nice1:1 they would be willing to loan me?  The process of the mold making won't damage the paint.

Posted

So.......I was driving home from work tonight and started thinking again if I had this 1:24 scale part about the goofy things I could do with it once cast.  Then I thought to myself, Self!, if you had that grille emblem in a 1:1 scale size you could make a mold of it.........Hey, that doesn't sound like a bad idea.  You could cast them in a clear resin.  I can do that.  You could probably paint them in their proper colors with transparent paint and put light bulbs in them.  WOW!  That might be fun........Let's see....... can you add that idea to the hundred or so that keeps you awake at night?  HMMMMM, well, I could still make clear ones.  I know.....I could make clear ones, send them to someone who is interested for a each price.  They could paint them, and make a string of Christmas lights out of them.  Mopar fanatics will buy anything related.  A brief search on the internet did not find anything like that.  It does have promise.  Also if someone owned a real car they could have a lighted version just for kicks.  Or a nightlight.  SO......Anybody here have a nice1:1 they would be willing to loan me?  The process of the mold making won't damage the paint.

I sure hope you don't lose sleep over this one ..........LOL it's just not worth it. but you have a good idea !