• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Maj. Anthony Nelson's F 104 Starfighter

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Tony's plane , NASA chase plane

006-5.jpg

007-7.jpg

008-6.jpg

009-6.jpg

Posted

There's just something about the F-104.  It looks like a missile with wings.

Posted

There's just something about the F-104.  It looks like a missile with wings.

it is

Posted

Hard to believe they not only flew but had a long, valiant service career. Yours looks very good.

Posted

Very nice! I love 104s. At one point I had the goal of building every 1/48 104 kit on the market, but I only got the ESCI and the Monogram done before my ADD kicked in and I moved on to some other project, leaving a Revell, an old Hawk, and an even older Lindberg half-built on the Shelf of Doom. I'll get back to them someday. I hope.

ESCIF10402.jpg

MonoF104A01.jpg

Posted

Never knew Major Nelson flew one. I don't remember that. Very cool. 

Scott

Posted

Never knew Major Nelson flew one. I don't remember that. Very cool. 

Scott

they always show him getting out of it

Posted

they always show him getting out of it

Really? It's been a long time since I've seen that show. I have no memory of that. 

Scott

Posted

Spent sometime this afternoon searching YouTube and the web. I could not find anything showing Major Nelson with any airplane. Much less this one. Any links showing him and the plane would be greatly appreciated. 

Scott

Posted

Really? It's been a long time since I've seen that show. I have no memory of that. 

Scott

I don't remember it either, Scott, but with Barbara Eden on the screen, who would? :wub:

NASA had some F-104s. One of them's hanging in the Smithsonian today (or at least it was last time I was there about a decade ago).

Posted

I don't remember it either, Scott, but with Barbara Eden on the screen, who would? :wub:

NASA had some F-104s. One of them's hanging in the Smithsonian today (or at least it was last time I was there about a decade ago).

watch the black and white episodes and you will see it more than once

Posted (edited)

Spent sometime this afternoon searching YouTube and the web. I could not find anything showing Major Nelson with any airplane. Much less this one. Any links showing him and the plane would be greatly appreciated. 

Scott

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/353769/56-0817-usa-air-force-lockheed-f-104a-starfighter/

Screenshot_20170606-005109.png

Edited by Lizz62

Posted

They took the spotter stripes off

Posted

Screenshot_20170606-005120.png

Posted

Any pictures pictures or film clips out there of Larry Hagman (Major Nelson) with the plane? I'm not finding anything on the web verifying this. I'm not doubting whether this info is true or not. In fact, I find it very cool. I've just never seen it, and would like to. 

Scott

Posted

Any pictures pictures or film clips out there of Larry Hagman (Major Nelson) with the plane? I'm not finding anything on the web verifying this. I'm not doubting whether this info is true or not. In fact, I find it very cool. I've just never seen it, and would like to. 

Scott

black and white episodes ,season one i guess

Posted

The F-104 also made a brief appearance in the original "Star Trek" franchise......

Star Trek 02.jpg

Posted

I remember an episode in which Jeannie "blinked" an F-104 onto the street in front of their house.