Model Cars Magazine Forum

Faux Ferrari Street Rod - On the Ground

E St. Kruiser50

I built this a few month's ago to try to fool a friend at a local model show. Had a lot of fun with it.

This is actually a Ferrari-ized ???? Anyone know?

Body was slightly wedge cut to the front. Added carbon fiber covered side air dams with Viper exhaust, carbon fiber racing stripe down the center, carbon Fiber "Gills", and a modified Corvette roof to make it look more

Ferrari-ish B). A set of Ferrari decals and, Lastly, deep black with lot's of clear, and some buckskin I had custom mixed.

2008_0403Photobucket10027.jpg

2008_0403Photobucket10038.jpg

Edited by Treehugger Dave

The real Shelby was called a "Shelby Series One". Very nice build, but I have one question....Both side pipes and a rear exhaust? Which is it? Both?

Hey Peter :mellow:

YIKES. I've been found out. Your the only one who noticed the exhaust. Not even anybody at the show including my friend there, or anyone else on another forum got that. Pretty cool of you to see that!!

Edited by Treehugger Dave

Hey Peter :o

YIKES. I've been found out. Your the only one who noticed the exhaust. Not even anybody at the show including my friend there, or anyone else on another forum got that. Pretty cool of you to see that!!

Hey Dave, very nice.

As to the exhaust, tell them that the rears were through mufflers for cruising around town and the side pipes were actually straight throughs with a cut out butterfly valve for "getting it on". We did that a lot in the 60s.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Dave, very nice.

As to the exhaust, tell them that the rears were through mufflers for cruising around town and the side pipes were actually straight throughs with a cut out butterfly valve for "getting it on". We did that a lot in the 60s.

Thanks Milt ;) . Ya saved me :lol: - LOL ;)

The Treehugger