Model Cars Magazine Forum

BNL or VCG resins experiences?

For ne of my next projects, I'm looking for some big 'ol engine.

Both VCG and BNL have some nice engines to choose from. Project is a pro street car (GM).

Does anyone have any hands on experience with either manfacturer and their products?

Do the parts need a lt of clean up, how do they build, etc.?

Any info will be appreciated.

MG

Can't vouch for BNL, never bought any thing from them. VCG has nice stuff, good service and a nice guy. I have one of their Chevy big blocks and haven't built it yet, but in looking it over it seems pretty nice with just a little clean up needed.

Any pics of items as delivered (no clean up or anything)?

The reason for asking is that a couple of years ago I bought an LS series engine in resin. I was really disappointed in what I got (parts would line up without heavy modification, loads of flash, you know). That I don't want to happen again.

Edited by matthijsgrit

Here are some pictures of a BNL Chevy 502 engine block. My observations just on the block, listed an sold as a Chevy but has a Chrysler transmission mount. Seams they cut the backside of the Chrysler block off along with the trans mount an glued it to the back of this block so it has two steps/ ridges of the rear block. The bottom fill pint is 2mm to wide for a 1/25 oil pan including the supplied one. The rear to the front has a 1mm taper, at the bottom pour area that still would need sanded. The head mount area looks to have a 1mm head gasket/plate that doesn't fit the block at the sides.The front corner were the fuel pump goes is just a deep chunk out of it clear to the center of the head width. Well that is just looking at the BNL block MG. I have a standard BBC that I sell, so what are you after in a pro street engine?

20170608_212036[1].jpg

20170608_212056[1].jpg

20170608_212256[1].jpg

Thanks Scott,

what I'm looking for is a nice Big Block. A bit over the top is ok, because Pro Street, right?

So no SBC or anything, but something Big Block and different, preferably GM.

I have a Beretta PRo Street, but I'm having trouble to decide to NOT build that one...