Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resurrected 61 Lincoln

59-Desoto

Here's my '61 Sedan. I built it from a restorable piece where I added the "B" pillar. I have an unbuilt convertible, and another sedan, which I am going to convert into a '62.2005_0818gmatcarlisle20050046.jpg

I also just picked up a builder '62 convertible that is waiting in line with my other '60's Lincolns.

AMT%201962%20Lincoln%20Continental%20ConI love that black convertible!!!!! 

Yes indeed Ron , they would be a perfect pair  side by side. Going to do a 66 4dr convertible later this summer , I got to send the chrome off and it will be ready to start on. At the moment I have 8 others on the bench  under going restoring. Posted one in the on the bench threads  .... 

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/123578-1958-bonneville-convertible-with-a-50ies-look/

Edited by 59-Desoto

Yes indeed Ron , they would be a perfect pair  side by side. Going to do a 66 4dr convertible later this summer , I got to send the chrome off and it will be ready to start on. At the moment I have 8 others on the bench  under going restoring. Posted one in the on the bench threads  .... 

You mean something like this?????

0403171846_zpst4dt4gnr.jpg

I have gotten a little further than this picture suggests. As a matter of fact, it will probably be the next one to be done.

You mean something like this?????

0403171846_zpst4dt4gnr.jpg

I have gotten a little further than this picture suggests. As a matter of fact, it will probably be the next one to be done.

WOW, yes thats like the one a few more weeks away from the bench , Your is looking amazing 

This is indeed a fantastic model. I am most impressed by the work on the stainless trim atop the fenders.  

I can add a bit to the question of whether Ford intended to offer this car as a hardtop, as they most certainly did. The original plan was to offer the new 61 Lincoln in three bodystyles, pillared sedan, hardtop sedan and convertible sedan. The hardtop was to share the automatic retractable window mechanism with the convertible.  Alas bean counters intervened before regular production got underway,  though at least one prototype exists and is quite well known in the Lincoln collector circle as it has made the rounds at various concours events. Hope this is of some help.

Again, your model is absolutely fabulous. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...