Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are your projects either on your bench or slated for it.

Right now, i'm about to get my Fujimi Ferrari F40LM done, I only have to put the two side mirrors and headlamp covers on. Next up will be my Aoshima Pagani Huayra, Aoshima Aventadore, Monogram Lotus Esprit, Fujimi Mini Cooper-custom, and Monkeemobile.

Too many to list them all, but im about 60% done with my current project, a LB Performance Lamborghini Huracan.

About 50% done on a 1/350 Enterprise refit.

Once the Lamborghini is done will likely start on the Tamiya Kawasaki H2R. 

I haven't done any modeling in ages. It's time to get back to the bench. I have a project that is just beginning. My goal is to stick with this one project until it's finished; to not get distracted with anything else..

The 1920 pattern Roll-Royce armored car.

rolls-royce-armoured-car_004.jpg

The September 1989 Fine Scale Modeler has an article on scratch building a 1/24 body and using the Heller/Airfix Blower Bentley as a chassis donor. I started one like that a longtime ago, but went with 1/35 and the project stalled due to lack of wheels and tires. This time I have a donor kit...but it is the 1/12 Blower Bentley. I got a great deal on a sealed kit off Craigslist. I've only just started. All I have done so far is begin work on the turret. In 1/12 scale, it is about 4.380" diameter. I used a PVC pipe coupling as a form to wrap sheet plastic around and laminate several layers. The PVC fitting had to be cleaned up first. It is slightly bulged at the top and bottom. It took about 2 hours with big files to make it nice and straight-walled. Right now I have a simple styrene ring. I was thinking of cutting the beveled sides on a Sherline mill with a tilting angle table. The rest of the body is mostly flat panels.

In 1/25 scale:

'57 T-Bird (done except for painting the top)

'95 Caravan

'61 Dodge wagon (Modelhaus)

In 1/32 scale:

'59 Chevy Conv,

'61 Ranchero

'49 Ford*

'52(?) Cunningham*

2-3 '56 Chryslers (on back burner for years & still simmering!)*

*These multi piece body models are a challenge to say the least! I could use a little help, too. I could use templates for the Chrysler windows. Need wheels & 1 taillight for the Cunningham (tho I can probably fabricate the taillight)

In fun scale:

Go Mad Nomad

Rat Fink

Hi,

1/24 Fujimi Ferrari F40LM - 2/3 done

1/24 FPPM Porsche 906 short tail - 1/10 done

Forgot to add;

1/24 Porsche 909 Bergspyder - on deck

And here I thought I was the only one who wanted to build Fujimi's Ferrari F40LM kit!! -hopefully I will be posting mine up tonight........cant wait to see yours!!!

• 11 months later...

Thunderbolt Phil Bonner 

Thunderbolt Tasca 

69 Camaro Old Reliable Dave Strickler

62 Falcon Pro Street Resin

63 Ford 300 Mel Burns Drag Car Resin

63 Ford Galaxie Gas Ronda Downtown Ford

62 Ford Galaxie Al Means Phil Bonner Resin

62 Ford Galaxie 390 3x2 M Code

69 Plymouth GTX Pro Street. 

63 Impala Al Green Chevrolet

I’m a one at a time guy. Once I near the final assembly stage I’ll break out the next project. I force myself to do it that way. Otherwise, I doubt anything would get finished. The only thing on the bench right now is the AMT ‘53 Ford P/U kit. Between golf and my perpetually mounting honey-do list that one project will probably carry me through summer.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:26 AM, Snake45 said:

I'm trying to get back into my original '63-'67 AMT & MPC Corvette restos project. Gonna try to get to get maybe a half dozen of them done this year; I have two active on the bench right now ('66 MPC Coupe and '65 AMT Roadster). Also have a couple mid-'70s Vette promos I'd like to polish out and lay my Snake-fu on. Oh, and the AMT '53 and Mako Shark I snappers. And an MPC '67 Charger, and a '61 Ranchero.

Other than that, not much....:lol:

One year later: The only thing on that list I've actually finished is the AMT '53 Corvette snapper. Oh, I've gotten lots of stuff done, just nothing from my master plan. I did just get back to work on that AMT '65 Corvette roadster and hope to get back into a couple more '65-66 Vettes very shortly.

Don't feel bad, Snake - the only thing from my list that's finished is the '64 Caddy vert promo. The '62 Impala has been painted and cleared (it's been curing about 6 months). The '64 Coupe deVille has progressed - bodywork done, painted, cleared and the vinyl roof done (thanks to Tom P. for doing the paint and roof - I'm watching and learning) and the interior converted from bucket seat convertible to bench seat coupe standard.

And of course I've added several more projects since... :wacko:

Edited by ChrisBcritter

On the bench now:

1/12 69  Camaro Pro Mod (90% of parts have arrived, chassis about 80% done)

1/12 69 Camaro Steam Punk edition. (my daughter challenged me, that their was no way old dad would be able to pull off steam punk.  Don't know what the heck it is but am not going to let her punk me if I can't pull it off.)

1/16 VW bus wheel stander. (Kit is ordered, 3d printed wheels ordered about 5% right now.)

1/16 69 Chevelle Pro Mod. (Have the body only)

1/16 Super Stretched Peterbilt (Have the kit, not started.)

That is about two years worth of work so won't be adding anything else to the bench until these are complete.

Currently:

AMT Kenworth W923

AMT Fruehauf flat deck trailer

Tamiya Mercedes AMG 500SL

Revell Chev square body

Revell 1968 Dodge Charger RT

Italeri Porsche 951

Dragon BMW M3 e36

AMT Rescue Van

I'm trying really hard not to start anything new until these are done.

Since last November , I have been Full Time trying to complete an 1894 Queen Anne which was a private residence , now a Parrish house for an Episcopal church . From 1967 to 1983 , the basement also served as a Coffee house for local talent

Crossroads Construction  # 131-S.jpg

I have a zillion projects started. I guess the ones in the pipe right now are:

-63 'vette, late 60s style show custom

-T bucket, mid 60s style

-Bantam AA/FA

-'34 Ford pickup with cadillac mill

-'30 Ford coupe, channeled and unchopped with Tbird mill and 6x2 intake

-'59 Impala mild custom

And about 6 more that I consider WIPs, 6 additional projects that are started but not priority, and about 20 others that I anticipate building in future. 

I hope to get them finished, but at my current rate It'll take 20 years!

Edited by Spex84