Model Cars Magazine Forum

blown straight 6

Farmboy

Here is my creation after going through the parts box still needs to be wired up and definitely is not as good as yours farmboy. I only have one problem I wasn't paying attention when building and forgot to check the fitment in the car that I wanted motor to go in and now I can't get it to fit.

I think a separate 6 cylinder form would be great.  

Jeff do you have any pics of the slant 12 if so I would love to see it?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great job Cale!  My next may be a potvin mechanical blower on front of a six, I have an L head six that's honkin' for a supercharger, and then there's the vision of a 225 slant six, supercharged of course.  Haven't thought about turbos, but then again the old Paxton superchargers were simply belt driven turbos without the exhaust input.  I too did a v12 from a couple of sixes.  Didn't quite turn out how I saw it in my mind but then I didn't know what I wanted or how to do it..  

Cale, the Lindberg Dodge 330 (Stock version) has been mentioned here, is easy to find, and has a nice slant-6. The Dodge Deora custom has one as well, but is older tooling. Those two spring to mind right away, I'm sure there are others, just hang tight til someone else chimes in!

I wouldn't just do a "6 Cylinder" area..... I'd simply do an all around "Engine" area..... As they do make "Large Scale" engines that have no car! (Can you imagine the sheer size of a '70 Coronet Super Bee?) -To fit the 1/4th scale Hawk Models 426 Hemi into it? LOL HUGE scale model (BUT, I bet it be fun as hell to build and detail!)

Edited by 426-Hemi
Typing

GerN, Google images is the way to stat out for info that's fer shur!....and that shot is one of many I've kept in a favorites file.  Sometimes, going to the source page gets you a different view, but not always.  Takes a while sometimes to get detail shots from different angles, even if from different machines.  I've found the HAMB invaluable.

Yeah a lot can be done with a good ole 225 Slant 6.....

fa9b45e6959bd24ad4d0b08bb5bd657f.jpg

1da82a9bf124fd9609cee969e051757b.jpg

S.C.o.T's Blower thats being Turbo fed, to a pretty much stock Chrysler Slant 6...... -Last I knew, this engine was getting like 545 HP..... Not sure if its still going or not, (I know the guy that built it online) and was pretty impressive in an old '62 Dart I think he put it in!

Edited by 426-Hemi
I Can't Type at times!

Cale, the Lindberg Dodge 330 (Stock version) has been mentioned here, is easy to find, and has a nice slant-6. The Dodge Deora custom has one as well, but is older tooling. Those two spring to mind right away, I'm sure there are others, just hang tight til someone else chimes in!

Bisc63 thanks I will definitely take a look at them.