Model Cars Magazine Forum

DODGE DAYTONA SHELBY WHEELS

I need some wheels that are similar to the "Pumper" wheel design of the late 80's- early 90's Shelby. I want to build what was our car. Found this pic on the intertubes. Doesn't have to be exact; I may have to settle for a five point wide spoke wheel. Know of any?

DODGE 1991 (or so) DAYTONA SHELBY in red [01].jpg

dosent the Daytona come with these

The AMT/Ertl kit was an earlier Shelby Daytona Turbo Z, which used a different style wheel.  Even then, the kit wheels were for a similar-looking non-Shelby version.  It's as if the kit were designed as the non-Shelby Turbo version, and they stuck the Shelby name on it at the last minute.

The custom wheels in the AMT '55 Chevy stepside pickup kit might be a place to start. Think if you knock off the raised round "cap" thing at the center of those, the shape starts getting close. They should also fit the Daytona's kit tires.

Those may have to do. I will look for that Corvette. In fact, many Corvette kits may have something.

MODEL KIT- CALLAWAY CORVETTE SPEEDSTER.jpg

Some of AMT's late-model C4 Corvette convertibles include an extra set of unplated custom wheels that are very similar to the Monogram Callaway wheels. Don't think they are shown on the box, but I picked up a couple kits super cheap and they were a nice surprise. Can't remember off top of my head exactly which issues have them though...