Model Cars Magazine Forum

'Com'on - Drive!' (Update!)

tiking

I'm not really a car guy but I had these kits on hand because I had planned to use them in a truck diorama. But, something else came up and I just decided to make a separate diorama for them instead. The diorama depicts a pedestrian crossing with two automobiles and a couple of people crossing or waiting to cross the street. The story tells a tale of a very impatient driver in the van trying to tell the driver in front of him,who is checking out the lady with the dog, crossing the road, to drive on; and if you look closely in one of the pictures, you will see a sign warning pedestrian to update Facebook, before crossing the street. The diorama is pretty simple. I just wanted to have a display base, that' pretty much it. Hope you guys like the results:

crossing12_zpskphfjyqd.jpg
crossing6_zps6mslpmtg.jpg
crossing4a_zpsswegdmoi.jpg
crossing4_zpsw5i0soav.jpg
crossing2_zpsu4nt2d06.jpg
crossing11_zps2ldixpfx.jpg
crossing10_zpsy4conxpx.jpg
crossing9_zpsvab8owxx.jpg
crossing7_zpsvnlzmpjq.jpg
crossing8_zps7nut5ams.jpg
crossing5_zpsafoqveor.jpg
crossing3_zps3zjpfhpd.jpg
crossing_zpsldezmo71.jpg
crossing3a_zpsrfencnjr.jpg

Edited by tiking

Extremely WELL DONE !!!!! THE CARS TELL THE STORY PERFECTLY ....

I agree with Ellen. I'd like to add that the cars are extremely well weathered. I really like how you did the pealing red paint on the van.  How did you achieve that effect?

The woman holding the bag and looking at her smart phone is hilarious!  Too many people are too busy staring at their phone and not paying attention to crossing the road. ?

Edited by darthsideous
Wrong name quoted

• 1 month later...

I love it, nice work Charles! The dodgy looking Transit is perfect, exactly how the Mk2s often used to look in the mid-1990s. The dustbin and manhole cover are amazingly well done, the kind of things I would have overlooked completely. Nice display base.

Most excellent.  I love the story behind it.

Thank you Crazyjim.

I love it, nice work Charles! The dodgy looking Transit is perfect, exactly how the Mk2s often used to look in the mid-1990s. The dustbin and manhole cover are amazingly well done, the kind of things I would have overlooked completely. Nice display base.

Thank you Simon. Glad you liked it.