Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bad Trader Alert!

Guys,
I've been a LONG time trader, and in my recent encounter with a guy by the name of "Santa Chas" or as he recently changed his name to "Mopar Charlie" BE WEARY! I did a long trade with him, and then when I simply asked for a "list" he refused, and then, goes on to say WELL you forgot what I wanted, I ASK EVERYONE I trade with for a list, as long lists, and 100's of them any one of mind is not set to keep that kinda count, and those that can, have a gift! 

SO I simply sent the guy ALL I had set aside for him, 14 engines, 3 of them were actual kit plastic, the rest were my resin, and then to top it all off several other things that fit into his building types as well as Aluminum turnings for super detail work, that wasn't good enough! I was asked by him WHY I didn't send him another engine type, and some details to turbo charge them, and I simply said to him, if you had provided me a list, shortcomings like this would have been avoided! He got all mad, was gonna leave the forum it took place in, and then sens me a nasty message, and says he never "refused" anything..... 

BE WEARY trading with him, as it seems nothing is EVER good enough! AND to add to it, I offered to send him the stuff missing, and then talked with the administration of that forum that I have no contact with him, and NOW refuses to make anything "right", or even allow m too............ And to boot will make comments on any forums on it not mentioning a name.....

ALL I got in return was 2 model kits one NOT complete that he said was and some parts! -I think I did him well..... He thought otherwise! Can't please everyone and seems to be the kinda guy no matter you just can't please him! BE CAREFUL! And then he goes on to give me a "Bad Rap" over it!

-Just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention!

Just thought if I got burned and he's gonna give me a bad rap on it, I made my end as best as I could..... with no list? I did the best I could! Type guy theres no pleasing him and then refuse a list and then want a bunch more then he already got? Yeah, want something for nothing, makes it a bit difficult to blame me when I tried....

And yes other DO pay Cash....... I'm just GLAD I'm not one of them........ what I sent him was well over $100 worth! And in his last message, wanted something to the tune of $50 to $75 more!

The guy I named "Santa Chas", or his other name "Mopar Charlie", (same guy) going around saying to people he didn't get what he "wanted" from me..... -Sadly I think & feel he got more then enough to cover my end of the trade, but he feels he should have gotten $50 to $75 more worth of my resin in the same trade!

These are the kind of things that ended open trading for me and I open traded alot. I still trade but its a PM to a person if I'm looking for something or someone needs something I will PM them, or I get PMs from others looking for items...mine is not a fool proof system but it all starts with simple honesty.

So this is basically an exchange of modeling items (kits, parts, supplies, etc.) estimating their worth and trying to do an even swap (value-wise).  I have never done that and it sounds like trouble to me (since the price estimate can very from person to person). Unless the specifics were discussed and agreed upon before the swap, I wouldn't even attempt such a transaction.   This "I'll take a car body for 2 engine castings" thing just doesn't seem like something I would be interested in doing. But from what John said, he has been happily doing this for some time. However as shown here, eventually one is bound to run into the situation John is in.  Sorry to hear about it, but not surprised.

So this is basically an exchange of modeling items (kits, parts, supplies, etc.) estimating their worth and trying to do an even swap (value-wise).  I have never done that and it sounds like trouble to me (since the price estimate can very from person to person). Unless the specifics were discussed and agreed upon before the swap, I wouldn't even attempt such a transaction.   This "I'll take a car body for 2 engine castings" thing just doesn't seem like something I would be interested in doing. But from what John said, he has been happily doing this for some time. However as shown here, eventually one is bound to run into the situation John is in.  Sorry to hear about it, but not surprised.

Pete sadly I wasn't looking any sort of "Analogy" I was mere stating what went on within the trade..... EVERYTHING "was" in fact discussed & agreed upon, or so I thought.....

Also, I wasn't looking to get any sort of "surprise to everyone" its a MERE WARNING to others that do the same as I do! God, why do people have to over-complicate things.....

John,

As someone who has done this sort of trade with you (sealed kit for resin/turned aluminum parts) Its really a bummer to hear this happened to you as thru our trade everything was on the up & up and  agreed upon. And you even kicked me a couple extras And if I ever run across any more MOPAR kits you are the first one I'm contacting for a swap

Mike

John,

As someone who has done this sort of trade with you (sealed kit for resin/turned aluminum parts) Its really a bummer to hear this happened to you as thru our trade everything was on the up & up and  agreed upon. And you even kicked me a couple extras And if I ever run across any more MOPAR kits you are the first one I'm contacting for a swap

Mike

Thanks Mike..... Yeah its terrible how some people are, what do ya do? Warn others and move on.....  I try my damndest to be fair, and make it worth the other person's while, that way they'll trade with me again! -Just how I am! A little slow at times due to my issues with my hands and all, and pay check periods, but other then that I try to do my best!

I have to say Mike is right on the mark I've traded with John a bunch of time and have an ongoing trade with him and he's has always been more than fair on our deals and comes highly rated as a trader with me!!!

vince

Thanks Vince! Like I said with my reply to Mike, I do my best to be fair and go above and beyond (specially if the trade is a really good one!) so..... And with you & I we been trading all the way back to around 2012 (if I remember correctly!) So..... ongoing trades are always a good thing!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, On this site my name is Truck Guy. On others it was Santa Chas and Mopar Charlie. Before this goes too far and the response will be long I tried to have this thread pulled to save the drama but administration did not honor my request. This should be a drama free zone in my opinion. In saying that allow me a moment to explain MY side of the story and I will try to keep it as short as I can..

This was a trade deal that was close to two years running. Not by my end of the deal but by his. The stuff I traded, a couple of models and parts was done immediately and out of my pocket to ship as expected. What happened after my end of the trade is where things went bad. It was over this long period of time. It started with excuses after excuses.  I have bad hands, computer crashed, resin supply low, waiting on resin, no money to buy new resin, molds breaking down, etc. Then it was "send me a list as I lost the files" of which I did TWICE. My patience level ran out and I was pretty much to the point with John. I told him in private messages that I was tired of the excuses and delays and wanted my resin stuff I was owed. I was answered with more excuses. Meanwhile aggravating the situation is the fact that while I had to wait and wait John is stocking a Hobby Store near him and selling out as well as selling at swaps. He also sent large quantities of resin he had either sold or traded on the other site we were both on. I was seeing this going on and it upset me. I sent messages to John about this and more excuses and his defense was that he had over 700 deals falling behind that he had to take care of as well and I was not shoved to the bottom of the list and he was doing things in order. I felt the deal was going south and told him so. Moving forward to about July of 2016 he sends me a message saying he is boxing it up and sending the stuff. Then nothing. Our communications were getting negative and I decided to just let it go. Our messages back and forth reflected that. In my words to him. John, I am done with this deal, I do not want the stuff anymore, keep it, John, I am done, DONE. Well, several more messages from him basically blowing smoke up my backside happened and I told him that I did not want the resin and did not want to deal with him anymore, that I was in fact done. Not sending any more lists and not wanting the trade deal going on, that I did not want the drama anymore. Things were escalating and I shut down on this. About  a month ago I get a message from him stating he is sending the resin and he would have the tracking number on a specific day. 3 weeks later I get the number. about a week later I get the box. Upon opening it I told him I was happy I got the resin but disappointed that the till was a little light (my words to him). What all of you do not know he made multiple promises to send me extra this and that for the long delay. Then it was his Turbo castings and slant six castings he was going to include along with a Blown 426 HEMI with dual Turbos for a specific build he promised as well as we had messages back and forth about this. These latter items were NOT in the box and I told him I was not happy they were missing. THEN comes the negative stuff from John. He calls me an effen cry baby, tells me to shut up, threatens me he is going to post my name (ALL OVER THE WORLD) telling everyone what a bad trader I am. Seems he got the word out here and a few other places. 

I am her to tell you John fabricated his side of the story. He outright lied, and layed it on pretty thick on his behalf and painted a negative picture of me. Now remember, I got my end of the trade together, sent it out at my expense, and had to wait almost two years to get it. So who is the bad trader?? I was willing to let it go. He chose to lie and put fabricated information down. I stayed quiet. Until I saw this nonsense John has put down, then I spoke up. This is over a small amount of resin and a couple of kits and parts. The deal is done. I did my part, he did not do his well. By the way, I have proof of all of this is typed messages and these messages clear my name. That's all I want, my name cleared. I do not do trades with anybody except one guy now because of my bad experience with John. For all you reading this I will sell and buy all day long but do not trade anymore. I am Paypal ready and I stand behind what I sell. 

My word of caution to all of you is to watch yourself in trading with John. Not because he is a rip off but he is unorganized. If you trade with him get confirmation in writing on a due date for your shipment and hold him to it. This is where the problem with him and I was. We were friends before this and no longer are. I urge each and every one of you to check out his resin products. He puts a very nice selection out and his products are amazing. John has no issues selling his products. He is quick to ship and you will get a superb product. Its just the trading thing that he has issues with.

Chas.

There are a handful of guys on here that I'll trade with and I've done quite a bit with. I do trade outside of those people guys too but sometimes ya wonder how it's gonna go!!!! One time and I made a blunder on a trade and it made me feel like a putz. 

I feel like a putz for having to post this response. Did not want to but had to. This post by John was able to sit here for a month having only 15 responders but 991 views. One of them being a friend in Seattle that asked me about it. This friend is a long standing member and modeler and his question embarrassed me. I had to explain to him. In the end he laughed about it and said it was not a big deal but it was to me. What John posted was not factual and not 100% the truth and I had to respond. Not one of MY better moments. Now that my side is out there I feel a bit better. I'm terribly disappointed that John and I came to part ways over this stupid trade deal as in the whole scheme of things is rather small but it is what it is. I'm through with all of it an it's time to move on, get back to modeling and have some fun. Again, I just wanted to set the record straight, get some closure and move forward. I'm just way too old for this drama.

Chas.

Edited by TRUCK GUY

• Xingu locked this topic