Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tom "Mongoose" Mc Ewen: 1/16 Silver Bullet Coors Corvette F/C on the Workbench 6/12/2017

Hello......Out with the Old ......In with the New......this is on the workbench : a  Tom "Mongoose" Mc Ewen Silver Bullet Coors 1/16 Corvette F/C.......and My "Little Brother" AKA Chris Sobak comes thru again......he sold me his 1/16 Corvette Resin Body from 'Flashpoint" Resins ......I tried to look for one but,they are no longer availabale .......couldn`t find one anywhere .........So my "Little Brother" hooked me up with the body and Slixx Decals......thanks Chris so much ......you are one heck of guy.......I am using a M/T Grand Am F/C as a donor......since I have aother one to build.......I will start this build after Art Laski`s L.A. Roadster Show this Fathers Day Weekend in Pomona......see you there.....thanks for looking

18582297_1401919296517662_15235926005159

DSCF3715_zpsa2pdxbuj.jpg

DSCF3716_zpsbu4y4rsa.jpg

Coors%20Corvette-4_zps0rplclhy.jpg

omMcEwenCoorsSilverCorvetteFC2-vi_zpsu7t

omMcEwenCoorsSilverCorvetteFC1-vi_zpsdxn

As an avid viewer of the forums (don't reply much as I'm usually at work while browsing) I have just one thing to say.

We need to see an arranged meeting at a show with John and Chris' completed F/Cs. Would be even better if someone with diorama skills could make a 1/16 dragstrip diorama. I'm betting that this car when finished lined up beside Chris' Prudhome car would make for one stellar display. Maybe this idea will help Chris find the final bit of motivation to get his 7+ year project finalized :)

Hello......thanks guys for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)......I assembled the Revell kit frame and I will be doing some major modifications to it......I added over an inch to the frame and I will be changing the rear of the frame too........ I will be making a new front end system......I also made a new fuel tank......and I cleaned up the body a little bit.......and all the chrome will be striped and painted Alclad.....thanks for looking

DSCF3718_zpshn0hpnci.jpg

DSCF3738_zpsenxay2h8.jpg

DSCF3737_zps6ja9mccn.jpg

DSCF3736_zpsh4gugk3n.jpg

DSCF3735_zpsqruv3f1i.jpg

DSCF3734_zpskxqc9oeb.jpg

Hi Craig.......It`s not perfect but,heres what I do........I assemble the kit frame .....then I cut off the end piece "Front".......then I try and make sure each of the 4 post of the frame are even by cuting them all the same length and sanding the ends evenly......then I drill 4 holes at the end of each post #73 drill bit......then I glue 4 sraight pins about 1/2 inch long into each hole with Super Glue with the red cap.....that you can buy at the 99 cent store 2 bottles per pack......great glue for gluing styrene ........then I use the same width styrene tubing but,It needs to be hollow so that the straight pin with go through the hole with ease......Super Glue all for new styrene post all the same size that you need for the length you need.......jusy try and keep them straight ......after drying you can bend a little if needed.....then glue the end piece back on......with straight pins as well.......it will be strong and sturdy......hope that made sense .....thanks

John... Looking good Buddy. You are off to a Killer start on this. You got that chassis mocked up quick. Keep up the great work. You will turn that pile of kit pieces into another Model Masterpiece

Edited by Mooneyzs

I will start this build after Art Laski`s L.A. Roadster Show this Fathers Day Weekend in Pomona.                             

AFTER Art's show? I don't know Mr. John. Kinda' looks started to me. Must be a Modeler's Karma thing.

Patience when building, no patience between builds. Am I right? Am I right? Am I right?

Back in the olden days when I used to build models........kidding.......I built a Dodge Stealth Pro Street.

For the radiator cap I used a mechanical watch winding knob. Any chance that's what's sitting on top of your fuel tank?

Joe .....yes Sir......that is a watch winding knob......Art gave me a box full of watch parts......I love the parts......and I finished my Drag Bike a little earlier than I expected ......and got bored waiting for the show ......so I started working on the F/C:)

Hi Craig.......It`s not perfect but,heres what I do........I assemble the kit frame .....then I cut off the end piece "Front".......then I try and make sure each of the 4 post of the frame are even by cuting them all the same length and sanding the ends evenly......then I drill 4 holes at the end of each post #73 drill bit......then I glue 4 sraight pins about 1/2 inch long into each hole with Super Glue with the red cap.....that you can buy at the 99 cent store 2 bottles per pack......great glue for gluing styrene ........then I use the same width styrene tubing but,It needs to be hollow so that the straight pin with go through the hole with ease......Super Glue all for new styrene post all the same size that you need for the length you need.......jusy try and keep them straight ......after drying you can bend a little if needed.....then glue the end piece back on......with straight pins as well.......it will be strong and sturdy......hope that made sense .....thanks

I use locktite superglue myself, good stuff. I was looking at the frame, I can't even tell where you added to it man. Good job! 

Hello.......Thank you all so very much for the kind comments ......I really do appreciate them:).......and thank you "Superman"  for checking in......always happy to get a comment from you:).......I made a Puke Tank and a Rear Body Brace.......I made some Hubs and modified some rotors......I have alot more mods to do on the frame......thanks for looking

DSCF3750_zpstz4d8yuz.jpg

DSCF3748_zpsmzchyzhv.jpg

DSCF3747_zpsdurpvynz.jpg

DSCF3746_zpsl5anxtcz.jpg

DSCF3745_zpsgjmmmzkd.jpg