Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tom "Mongoose" Mc Ewen: 1/16 Silver Bullet Coors Corvette F/C on the Workbench 6/12/2017

Hello.......Chris,Curt,Tim, Wayne........thanks guys for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)........I made some frame braces and made the front end and got it mocked-up........I opened up the hatch  and made a rear spoiler ......I also made some inner braces for the body and made a body latch.........and I also made some fire bottles......thanks for looking

DSCF3751_zpsgljy9gyr.jpg

DSCF3768_zps444yp7yq.jpg

DSCF3781_zpspd7eqcwo.jpg

DSCF3778_zpsgqbwvzgr.jpg

DSCF3777_zpshqddsjhx.jpg

DSCF3775_zpsbqreewza.jpg

Looking good there John, How did you cut out the window's? I just got the 1/16 Mustang at a swap meet a couple weeks ago and never did a resein car before, So I'll be a watching and a learning. also what will you be useing for the windshield? Thanks, Rick

Looking good there John, How did you cut out the window's? I just got the 1/16 Mustang at a swap meet a couple weeks ago and never did a resein car before, So I'll be a watching and a learning. also what will you be useing for the windshield? Thanks, Rick

Hi Rick I used a Xacto Knife with a #11 blade............then sanded with a sand stick .......I will be using Acetate for the windshield ......thanks

Hello.......I modified the frame tins and changed the position of the steering box to the right side of the frame.......I made a new sterring column and  linkage ,and Brake Handle,and shiffters and a new  steering wheel......I used alluminum sheeting and some thin wood for the grips and some "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends.......I also modified the gas pedal......and modified the seat......thanks for looking.

DSCF3799_zpshdzwd3lj.jpg

DSCF3785_zpsohsbosmn.jpg

DSCF3796_zpsqpwdxtzb.jpg

DSCF3797_zpshxvjhxhb.jpg

DSCF3794_zpsks5bk7ao.jpg

John.. Looking good man. Nice work on all of the levers and handles. Always love your scratch building. Love the touch of the wood grips. She is sure coming along and looks like you are almost ready to jump to the engine I see. You are going to have this done in no time at all. Outstanding work.

Hello........thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I made a Windshield frame.......I also made a Wheelie bar.......I am using some Paul Rowe Resin Parachutes and I made a Parachute Brkt. for them......thanks for looking 

DSCF3810_zps16pmwomc.jpg

DSCF3812_zpsdxalsrwn.jpg

DSCF3808_zps2yobkesc.jpg

DSCF3807_zpsmcuulcdr.jpg

DSCF3805_zpsgw3jx35c.jpg