Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tom "Mongoose" Mc Ewen: 1/16 Silver Bullet Coors Corvette F/C on the Workbench 6/12/2017

Hello.......Ray ,Chris,Wayne......thanks guys for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I Modified the Revell Tins to fit the "Flashpoint" Resin Body......I also made some port holes......and modified the Frame tins, I lengthened them and switched  the steering box to  the right side........I also hinged the roof latch and made some bottom body trim and blower body  trim......I modified the gas pedal......and made some brake lines......I got the engine mocke-up and I think I like the stance......everything will be sanded nice and straight when I'm ready for primer and paint...... thanks for looking

DSCF3814_zpstqyiwsi7.jpg

DSCF3816_zpsvm3m5aw7.jpg

DSCF3817_zpsbnvqigim.jpg

DSCF3829_zpsdgop8djz.jpg

DSCF3834_zpsdtbuwpup.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Do you ever sleep?? My god man, you are a modeling machine. Always blown away by your handiwork. This is one of my favorite body styles for a funny car. The ones now don't hold a candle to what these were.

A good 8 hours every night Big Brother.......just got alot of "Mojo" at this time:)

Dang Johnny Boy... What a great update. Everything is looking Spectacular. Soon you will have everything pretty much mocked up and then it looks like its time to start priming and painting. I can't wait until that day. Keep up the Awesome work Brother!!

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments ......I really do appreciate them:).......Once again  My Little Buddy:  "Mooneys" AKA Chris Sobak has helped me out again .......Chris is letting me use some of his Sobak Designs that he drew up and had 3D printed by Shapeways.......thanks Chris,this model will look so much better using your AWESOME stuff........Chris if you would like you can add to this post what I am using from Sobak Desings;).......I modified the Bell Housing Plate and made a Oil Gauge W/Slixx decals.......I made a Top Pulley Gaurd Brkt. and Idle Pulley Brkt. and used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends.......I painted the Sobak Desings Coil and used "Pro Tech" detailing wire and nut and bolt ends.......I made some trim for the Chassis tins......I made some cables for the Brake Handle using "Pro Tech" spark plug wire......I made some a Firebottle and Fuel Shut off levers and used some "Pro Tech" spark plug wire and nut and bolt ends......I made some Fire Bottles W/Gauges and Slixx Decals and Meng Nut and Bolt ends.......I made a Clutch Pedal and used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends and RB Motion Rod Ends.......I modified the Valve Covers and added fins and made head and Valve Gaskets and a  Oil Pan Gasket.....I made a end to end Oil Filter..........thanks for looking

DSCF3853_zpsk7gvcqnq.jpg

DSCF3854_zpsjgcdmt5g.jpg

DSCF3855_zpscxxb4mwr.jpg

DSCF3852_zpscadmphb3.jpg

DSCF3866_zpsv0wifqji.jpg

John... Awesome work my friend. You are doing one heck of a job on this. Man is everything looking great!! You are making me proud Blue! I am thinking that we should be seeing some paint on these parts any day now. Were did you get your guage decals from? They look great and you can really read them. I am thinking that you should almost be done with all your fabrication for this. I can't wait until we get to see some paint on this, with your detailing ability and painting skills this build is really going to Pop and Amaze people!! I am already wanting to see your next updates.