Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tom "Mongoose" Mc Ewen: 1/16 Silver Bullet Coors Corvette F/C on the Workbench 6/12/2017

John, how can I get anything done when you keep posting such updates and I spend half my time staring at them. Once I think I've checked out all the newest updates, BAM!, you post some more. 

btw, I see you went to the Chris Sobak School of Hard Fuel Line Installation.  They are as straight and sweet as can be.   I'm going to have to sign up for the class too.    Cheers, Tim

I can only imagine how stunning this will be with the body painted, decaled and polished under your masterful touch. Tim's right, I can't get anything done but oogle at the pictures.

What about exhaust pipes? Won't the body need some work for those? We haven't seen those as of yet. Knowing you, you probably will have them done in ten minutes and post more pictures for use to oogle at.

Edited by gasser59

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I got the body primered and all the body work done........then I airbrushed a Silver Base Coat........then I masked off the bottom 1/2 of the body and airbrushed it H.O.K. Black.......then I gave a clear coat.......then I applied the Slixx Decals.......the Slixx Decals that I used were for the Red Coors Corvette and they had White Coors lettering......I am building the Silver and Black Coors Corvette with the red Coors lettering........I needed red Coors lettering so I had  "GWS Decals"  make me some red Coors lettering and a new Mongoose logo for the hood........thank you Gary with GWS Decals they came out great........I need to touch up a few spots nothing major........thanks for looking

DSCF4149_zps2qzixbx4.jpg

DSCF4151_zpszm998hi3.jpg

DSCF4158_zpsmsnove8o.jpg

DSCF4159_zpsxzmtyqtv.jpg

DSCF4160_zpspmko433v.jpg

DSCF4167_zpsb2zza2fq.jpg

Edited by John Teresi
  • Like 1

Beautiful work!! And you build so fast!   I have a question about weathering the tires.  I bought some of the Folk Art gray after you recommended it a few years ago, and have ended up with pretty good results, but I wanted to ask how much you thin it.  And do you put on one coat, or multiples?   I am using a brush - do you brush it or spray it, and any detail on how you apply it is much appreciated!  This build looks great - looking forward to the final touches.