Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fairmont question

Does anyone know if an 80s Ford Fairmont station wagon kit or conversion was ever produced and if so what donor kit would be used and where could I find one? My mom had one when I was a kid and as I got older I kinda miss that piece of junk thanks for your help.

Futurattraction (Forum Member) has made Futura two doors in a stock and pro street configuration. That would be your beginning piece. They are resin bodies but would give you the beginnings for converting to a wagon. Fox platform based so a Mustang kit would donate the running gear/drive line.

Thurattraction piece is quite nicely molded. I have one of his chassic pans that was a display piece he had at the show and would not sell it to the end of the show. Well I bought it and I know he made more mods to the master and I thought the display piece I got was nice initself. Just a few mods annd it will fit the Trumpeter Nova quite well. And Scott is a tremendous person to get anything in his product line or actually listen if you have an idea.

I know the Lindberg kit was a Standard 2dr coupe, and Also

done as the Mercury Monarch twin

Wasn't Futura's Resin a Fairmount Futura, instead of a standard Fairmount?

NO Station wagon version was done from the Futura design

It was Called the "Baby T-Bird"

Looked like one

We had a Red one, and Mother HATED it

inline 6 could Not get out of its Own way!!!!

He also has a stock body too.

I know he has been working on one and keep looking on his website to see if he has done it yet.  I see something in his "In the works" section today and it is "ON HOLD".

Edited by sfhess

The only US Fairmont wagons made were by Atlas in HO (1:87) scale. They offered several factory colors, and an unpainted version. I bought these two, should have bought them all because they are hard to find now. They also made a 4dr sedan.

IMG_0338_zpsm7aj3cpd.jpg

IMG_0339_zpsophfps9d.jpg

Both were also made in N scale, those are pretty nice, but very small.