Model Cars Magazine Forum
dodgelover

Fairmont question

Does anyone know if an 80s Ford Fairmont station wagon kit or conversion was ever produced and if so what donor kit would be used and where could I find one? My mom had one when I was a kid and as I got older I kinda miss that piece of junk thanks for your help.

Futurattraction (Forum Member) has made Futura two doors in a stock and pro street configuration. That would be your beginning piece. They are resin bodies but would give you the beginnings for converting to a wagon. Fox platform based so a Mustang kit would donate the running gear/drive line.

Lindberg did a 1/32 Snapper back in the late 70's. I remember seeing it on the shelf. Never Bought one.

Thurattraction piece is quite nicely molded. I have one of his chassic pans that was a display piece he had at the show and would not sell it to the end of the show. Well I bought it and I know he made more mods to the master and I thought the display piece I got was nice initself. Just a few mods annd it will fit the Trumpeter Nova quite well. And Scott is a tremendous person to get anything in his product line or actually listen if you have an idea.

Lindberg did a 1/32 Snapper back in the late 70's. I remember seeing it on the shelf. Never Bought one.

I'd like to find one.....Owned two real ones.......any info, box art, kit number...anything...anybody???

Thanks for all the help guys. I know it's a bit odd ball but I just gotta have one for my mom's memory. Thanks again.

I know the Lindberg kit was a Standard 2dr coupe, and Also

done as the Mercury Monarch twin

Wasn't Futura's Resin a Fairmount Futura, instead of a standard Fairmount?

NO Station wagon version was done from the Futura design

It was Called the "Baby T-Bird"

Looked like one

We had a Red one, and Mother HATED it

inline 6 could Not get out of its Own way!!!!

The Lindberg kit mentioned was a Granada, not a Fairmont.

The Futurattraction Fairmont is a Futura, and is a Pro Stock car with modified wheel wells.  The caster sells a Zephyr grille for the kit if you want one.

The Lindberg kit mentioned was a Granada, not a Fairmont.

The Futurattraction Fairmont is a Futura, and is a Pro Stock car with modified wheel wells.  The caster sells a Zephyr grille for the kit if you want one.

He also has a stock body too.

Any promos ever made? may find a wagon that way

Nope.  Sorry.

He also has a stock body too.

I know he has been working on one and keep looking on his website to see if he has done it yet.  I see something in his "In the works" section today and it is "ON HOLD".

Edited by sfhess

Nice, Hope they decide to re-issue that series soon

HOPE they STILL have them!!!!

The only US Fairmont wagons made were by Atlas in HO (1:87) scale. They offered several factory colors, and an unpainted version. I bought these two, should have bought them all because they are hard to find now. They also made a 4dr sedan.

IMG_0338_zpsm7aj3cpd.jpg

IMG_0339_zpsophfps9d.jpg

Both were also made in N scale, those are pretty nice, but very small.

I think I have some of those Atlas Fairmonts too.  Former 78 Zephyr 2-door sedan owner.

It was nice to see those pics as it brought back the memory of mom's. She had a silver or grey one