Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri MAN F2000 6x4

Helloooooo... New to the place, but thought i should start sharing :)

I have always loved building trucks and have built a couple over the years, but the bug has finally seated itself and I purchased a few truck models to get going again.

I prefer Euro Trucks more than American trucks (Yeah I know, typical foreigner :) ), and this is the first I have built in a while.

IMG_20170606_160314.jpg

Its built straight from the box, with just a little detail added to the Cab, and I've done a little bit of weathering as road grime. I don' t like to go overboard with weathering, just a bit of a dusting of grime they pick up on their long journeys. 

My biggest mistake I have made on this, is painting the cab White... It seems to be a dirt and mark magnet, and i'm currently having a rethink about the colour...

Hope you enjoy and all comments welcome

Mad Steve 

I prefer Euro Trucks more than American trucks (Yeah I know, typical foreigner :) ), and this is the first I have built in a while.

First off, a truck is a truck!!!!!!!! So build away!!!!!! ;)

Second, like the subtle weathering you're doing. So far your build is looking great!!!!!!

Looks good.
Dont forget to adjust the intake,exhaust and possible evb valves on the yearly s12 service:P
Intake is 0.5mm and exhaust is 0.8mm, if it is modern enough to have evb they are set to 0.6mm.
Slightly offtopick, if it had an euro 4&5 engine it it they needed to have their valves adjusted at every oilchange...
Euro 6 needs it done once every 2 year.
On that service you have 13 hours to go through everything between the numberplates on the truck, sometime those to if they are about to fall off...

How i know this, i was a MAN truck mechanic for almost 7 years.

Looks good.
Dont forget to adjust the intake,exhaust and possible evb valves on the yearly s12 service:P
Intake is 0.5mm and exhaust is 0.8mm, if it is modern enough to have evb they are set to 0.6mm.
Slightly offtopick, if it had an euro 4&5 engine it it they needed to have their valves adjusted at every oilchange...
Euro 6 needs it done once every 2 year.
On that service you have 13 hours to go through everything between the numberplates on the truck, sometime those to if they are about to fall off...

How i know this, i was a MAN truck mechanic for almost 7 years.

:)  Noted Pierre 

I shall immediately tell the operator to check those :)