• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

dump bed

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm currently in the planning stages of a build I want to do. I want to build 3 models of my 1930 model AA dump truck that I inherited. I can't seem to find a correct dump bed of it. Does anyone know where one might be? Thanks for your help

Posted

You will probably have to scratch build one. I don't recall any resin or kit versions of something that old. That said, shouldn't be too hard to replicate if you have measurements or good photos to go off of.

Posted

Todd, been working on this dump box of awhile now and it's due back from the printers next week. Though not from the era you want it could be modified a bit to work on a AA, BB truck.

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 5.27.43 PM.png

Posted

I think your right in that it would work. I'd like to know more details of this bed. Thanks for all your help.

Posted

Todd this would cool to see one one those old AA's in scale. 

Posted

I think that it is a warrented project as I haven't seen one but also it will be the first time I actually replicate a vehicle I own. It will take a little time but I know it will get done. Thanks for the interest.

Posted (edited)

Just a thought.  A 30's vintage dump body would be pretty basic and might not even have the protective shield over the cab.  You should be able to find some examples on line that would help.

I found this ad on line.

30-AAhyd-dump_zpsjyaevp3q.jpg

Edited by Chariots of Fire

Posted

Thanks for the help guys. As I said I actually own this truck and my family is sending tons of reference pics. The ad helps a lot as well. I've researched the web and go to AA truck club for all my reference materials. They have tons of pics and lots of information about everything down to which bolts were used where and why. Again thanks for all the help.