Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shadow box garage diorama - Fujimi garage set

Jantrix

Very nice! I am also working on a garage. If you are in need of more clutter I recommend the Phoenix Toys “Hobby Gear” series. They have several garage sets. They are a little toy like but with your skills you can weather them up and make them look better. That is what I plan on doing. 

• 1 month later...

Update. I have finally decided on and acquired the automotive centerpiece for this dio. The Revell Henry J gasser. As a complete model the Henry J is a bit of a nightmare, but unassembled it is a perfect kit for this. 

I will be replacing the unappealing Ford 427 with an AMT parts pack 421 blown Pontiac. I will do a chassis/engine build up on the left side of the garage and a body work WIP on the right side. Most of the kit will be all over the dio. More soon.

Revell 1/25 1951 Henry J Gasser, previewed by Scott Van Aken

On 9/17/2018 at 8:06 PM, Jantrix said:

Got some new parts. I've been looking forward to this for a real long time. These pieces look terrific. Can't wait to get started.

43834796415_bda4a0d074_z.jpg

They are some really good parts in there. I used some for my excavator diorama. Satisfied with the results. :)

On 5/18/2020 at 8:54 AM, David G. said:

I lost track of this one for a little while but I'm glad  to have found it again.

You've made some nice progress on this, thanks for taking the time to share it.

David G.

Thank you David.

2 hours ago, tiking said:

Outstanding work!!!!!! WoW!!!!!

?

2 hours ago, tiking said:

They are some really good parts in there. I used some for my excavator diorama. Satisfied with the results. :)

It really is very nice. There's a lot I'm not going to get to use due to space constraints.