[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Jantrix

Shadow box garage diorama - Fujimi garage set

The stairs look just right Rob, and you've done some good work on the frames for the upper floor. This is going to be a great shadow box diorama.

David

Thanks very much David.

Lighting has begun. I'm using a product sold by my employer, ECCO. It is a 12V interior light for cars and vans. They come in strings of 100, but when you have just two lights on the string a 9v battery will run them just fine. The 9V will be hidden in a crate on the storage area, with an on/off switch on the outside of the box.

I do not know how much they cost, but here is a link to them. I do not have any others to trade. Sorry.

https://www.eccoesg.com/us/en/products/InteriorLighting/EW0131Series

29365515317_78f17f6862_z.jpg

29365515267_bbe201d346_z.jpg

44253432682_134381d3ab_z.jpg

Great job.I built a race shop shadow box awhile ago,but I took it apart to possibly build a new one.Just have to find the time.

18 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Just have to find the time.

And that is the real trick of modeling isn't it? Skills, money, parts, kits, supplies are all easier to obtain, than time.

Got some more done. Working on the wiring for the lights and built a work bench and wall shelf. I've started flooring the balcony area. Soon I'll start going through my parts and stuff to find stuff to be stored up there. I plan on a lot of photo reduced boxes and all sorts of odds and ends.

30598967458_a9c68e5b2d_z.jpg

43750899524_f16269708e_z.jpg

43750899944_8c80519030_z.jpg

Nicely built work bench Rob, and this sort of work is so absorbing. I find that I can lose myself in the 1:24 scale world and relax properly.

David

Got some new parts. I've been looking forward to this for a real long time. These pieces look terrific. Can't wait to get started.

43834796415_bda4a0d074_z.jpg

I really like this one. Full disclosure, I'll be stealing many of your ideas. lolz

:)

4 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Question. What did you use for the flooring?

A couple of comic book backing boards. It's poster board at near double thickness. I sprayed it with standard grey primer and by some happy accident it dried rather mottled and varied. It's a very convicing.

Thanks guys, I plan to get back on this this weekend.

Great job on the stairs! The framing for the upstairs floor looks excellent as does the workbench. That tool set is really going to set things off when you're done. Keeping an eye on your progress.

Thanks guys. Right now I'm slowly building the garage set pieces. I'm doing the metal shelving unit and everything that's going on it. It's a model in itelf. They have to get done and placed before the balcony can go in. Lots of plans. This will be a slow build. 

Like the idea - and of course your work. really nice. Keep on the good work

Rob.... I have the garage tools set no.3 by Fujimi, which has the bicycle included with it. As you have found, there are some interesting individual models in the Fujimi set.

David

Thanks guys. I'm playing with the P2P racer right now, but this is still on the bench.