Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not new, not in production anymore, but I still think it's neat! 1930 Model A Ford closed cab pickup in 1/25 scale.

I bought this one from the estate of a deceased fellow model car enthusiast I'd known for a lot of years--1930 Model A Ford closed cab pickup, based on Revell's old 1930 Model A 2dr Sedan--with a pickup box from the Revell 1929 Model A pickup.

This was produced under the All American Models brand of resin, in 1998--but it never did take off--only about 30 or so were sold.  It' set up to use the Revell '30 Model A Tudor or Woody Station wagon kits.  Now on my short list to build!

Art

1930 Model A Ford pickup resin transkit.jpg

Cool subject, looks to be cast well. Only problem I see, and it could just be the camera angle, but it looks like the roof is angled back to front, should be flat.

Nope, the roof line is very correct!  You may be thinking of the '32-'34 truck cab, which had a steel roof, that was much flatter.  See the pic of a real one:

https://i0.wp.com/www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/1930FordTruck08.jpg

Art

Cool subject, looks to be cast well. Only problem I see, and it could just be the camera angle, but it looks like the roof is angled back to front, should be flat.

I believe you are confusing the Ford 1930-31 truck cabs with the 1928-29, which is what Revell tooled up--COMPLETELY different cabs.

• 1 year later...