Model Cars Magazine Forum

Have access to boxes of albums

gbdolfans

Hi all you vinyl fans, my neighbor's mother passed away a few years ago. She loved all types of music. My neighbor is going thru the house and found 4 boxes of albums. She said there is a lot more there and will be bringing them home as time permits. Her mom enjoyed all kinds of music,Bluegrass,Rock and Roll,Christian, Folk,Southern Rock,Gospel,Show tunes,etc...

You get the idea. I know a very little about values of old albums. I did have my favorites when I was young. I am 64 now,so,anything in the late 50's to mid 70's I love.

Is there anything or anyone I should be on the lookout for??? I have first crack at them.

As far as I know,they are 33's, maybe some 45's and 78's.

She said they were all played and had Elvis,etc...

Thanks,George

Almost anything that got regular air play will have some value. But nobody will take the "old white people's" music; Ray Conniff Singers, Julie London, Johnny Mathis, Percy Faith, Henry Mancini, Roger Williams, almost anything that ends in "orchestra" except Electric Light.

Edited by Lunajammer

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted a record store here in Charlotte regarding selling some old albums I have. They are mostly looking for older, hard to find albums from the 50's to the 70's, Jazz being a popular genre. I was quoted a price of $1- $4 per album, depending on condition and artist. It was also noted that the album jacket HAD to be in decent condition too.

I would check with a record store and also see if there are any local DJ's who might play that type of music, you could find someone willing to make an offer on all of them.