Model Cars Magazine Forum

When spray paint evaporates before landing on the model

That brings to mind the old poem:

Spring has sprung,

Fall has fell,

Summer's here,

and it's hotter than....

It's only 94 degrees F and 28% where I'm at in southern California -- and that's too hot for my liking.

Interesting how the world is different. Here in cold and wet Norway the temperature is about 50F and humidity probably at almost 100%, it has been raining constantly for several weeks and if I walk on to my lawn it is like stepping on a wet spounge with water shooting out of it. Even when it is not raining it takes forever for the asphalt to dry up and most of the times it does not get to dry up fully before another heavy rainshower hits again. Nighttime low is about 40F and midday yesterday was as high as about 70F but that obviously had to come to a crashing end with a thunderstorm and the temperatures dropped to about 50F again.

Yeah, summer is great.......:unsure:

... it has been raining constantly for several weeks and if I walk on to my lawn it is like stepping on a wet spounge with water shooting out of it.....

The area of grass at my apartment complex goes crunch when I step on it. The trees and shrubs look so sad. I hand water mine out front (apt. managers are cheapskates on turning on more water in times like these).

Also entertaining to go get the late afternoon mail one day and then just two days later muse how 108 degrees feels more pleasant than 116.

I'm actually quite jealous! Here in the UK we crave hot weather, and if we're lucky we might get a few days of the summer which peak at about 85, at which point there is a mass exodus to the beaches, and every supermarket completely sells out of ice :lol: 

I am here in the valley as well. Some don't like it,  some do,  including me.  It is only a few months,  then glorious the rest of the year. I can paint all year,  go outside all year,  lots of natural light,  contests in November in an airplane hanger with historical planes right outside the open hanger doors. Close to cali,  close to Vegas,  etc. Yup, I am a fan of living here. 

I am here in the valley as well. Some don't like it,  some do,  including me.  It is only a few months,  then glorious the rest of the year. I can paint all year,  go outside all year,  lots of natural light,  contests in November in an airplane hanger with historical planes right outside the open hanger doors. Close to cali,  close to Vegas,  etc. Yup, I am a fan of living here. 

Put me down as one of those who doesn't. Only a few months, like from April through October. The rare times it rains are usually cloud bursts with the possibilities of hail, lightening and high winds instead of nice, gentle rain that lasts for a day. Haven't seen fog since I was in Morro Bay about 3 years ago. My last attempt to get out of here got torn apart, just trying to get things put together so I can try again.

2012-09-27 Smuggler's Cove inland.JPG