Model Cars Magazine Forum

Createx for an airbrush newbie?

Not too much thinning needed. I usually use 3-5 drops of reducer to a spray cup of paint,and have my pressure at about 20 PSI. I have decent results with this so far. 

Thanks Gabriel. Do you use their Illustration base for the thinning?

Rob, check out" The Orange Airbrush Forum" and look through the past post in a couple of the different parts. I used to post a lot of questions and got a lot of answers on them. Nice people there that will help you with your paint and brush. When I was painting pictures, Createx would tip dry real fast and I spent more time backflowing and cleaning the tip than I did with the picture. I changed to Etac paint and their formula reduced the tip dry a lot. I haven't used any on my models but will soon. 

I have 2 badger brushes and they work great. Their repair dept. is outstanding also. I sent 1 back because it was leaking where the cup meets the body and they sent me a new one plus the one that was leaking back. A little JB weld at the leak around the cup fixed the problem.

For now, I use the cheap acrylic paint with car washer fluid with a few Paasche H brushes I have. I don't do any fine detailing on my cars, so I just shoot with the paasche and they come out looking very good to me.

Hope this might be of help. What Gabriel said works. Spray with a lot of testing and at different pressures and mixes. Control of the brush is a must and only using it will get you the results you will be looking for.

Good luck and show something when you can.

Richard

I did not like the results that I got with the Createx paint I used it on 2 different kits the first one came out ok and I chalked it up to my first airbrush experience but the second one was horrible the paint never really seemed to cure properly and if you sneezed on it the paint would scratch. Now by no means am I an expert but that's just my 2 cents

Mike

I did not like the results that I got with the Createx paint I used it on 2 different kits the first one came out ok and I chalked it up to my first airbrush experience but the second one was horrible the paint never really seemed to cure properly and if you sneezed on it the paint would scratch. Now by no means am I an expert but that's just my 2 cents

Mike

I have a bunch left over from my picture painting days and it might be a good project to see what it will or won't do on a model. Lots of artist use this paint to use on automobiles and bikes for their skulls and dragons and stuff. I eventually changed over to Etac paint. Tip dry and cleaning took over actual time trying to paint a picture. Etac would spray 5 times longer than Createx until time to clean tip drying.

Richard

Mike

My first time using Createx wasn't that great either, I a fellow modeler. John Pattison do a demo, I really learned a lot about using it,then the Wicked color's came out those work well for me with the duplicolor clear.

My first time using Createx wasn't that great either, I a fellow modeler. John Pattison do a demo, I really learned a lot about using it,then the Wicked color's came out those work well for me with the duplicolor clear.

I have a few bottles of the wicked colors maybe I will give it another go... Thanks Gabriel